Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 16, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
paul,sal&boys
Trading Disney Pins

Anyone else love stocking up on pills & potions?

we always seem to come back with a huge assortment of painkillers, pills, creams, vitamins and I sadly love looking at the choice in Walmart. Is anyone else the same? Just such a variety that are not always available here in UK.
Old 3 Feb 16, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Yep, always come back with jumbo size pot of gas relief capsules, way cheaper than over here 😷😳
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Julie116
Imagineer

Yes we always take home vitamins ,and body wash ,hair gel toothpaste just love walmart
julie
Julie116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Darwen Bird
Imagineer

Yep. For me it's a carefully selected variety of painkillers to last me through to the next trip - my GP knows I buy them in the US and is okay with it. My other 'must buy' are plasters - there is so much variety and so cheap.

I also search out weird and wonderful toothpaste flavours as I can't use most of those sold in the UK ( I can't abide the smell or taste of spearmint and it's virtually impossible to find a toothpaste which isn't flavoured with spearmint to some degree)

I love wandering around Walgreens & CVS
Darwen Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I stock up on vitamins such as Walmart's supplement For Women of 50+, for a fraction of what you'd pay here for Centrum or Menopace.

I also buy sticking plasters, they have some really useful shapes and sizes. Last year I bought some rubber cap thingies to fit over the end of your finger over a plaster to stop it falling off every 5 mins.

(They look like mini-condoms - my Eric played with the box but the contents are of no use to him as his back wheels were removed years ago. )
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

One of the joys of any trip to the States for me is wandering for a few hours round supermarkets and drug stores
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we ran out of ibuprofen a couple of weeks ago, and i'm running dangerously low on walgreens cherry chews (antacids)

so naturally i had to book another trip soon to go get some more. i did that last week. we go in june
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Benadryl skin cream for bites and allergy rash - so much more effective than Anthisan over here.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Chloraseptic lozenges and spray if we need it
Hydrcortisine cream extra strength
Allergy relief tablets from Walmart
Vitamins
Walmart sleep aid gels
Antihistamine creams
Individual nail varnish remover pads
Jergens tinted face mousturiser
Aussie products
Makeup and nail varnish
Mainstay wax melts
So many things that is just some if them and then I head over to the grocery and household sections and that is just Walmart!

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

I love the Advil gel capsules and was looking forward to getting more but since being put on prescribed medication I can't have them now Tylenol just aren't as exciting. I have a thing for lip balm and will buy at least a dozen different ones lol, try the cocoa butter swivel stick, it's not just for lips but it's lovely, it's bigger than a normal lip balm and my work mates thought I was using pritt stick on my lips!
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread