Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 16, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan62
slightly serious Dibber

Miromar Outlets, Estero

Hi, we have just returned after 4 beautiful days at Marco Island and then 10 days at Kissimmee. On the way back to Kissimmee, we stopped at the Miromar Outlets which is between Naples and Fort Myers. All I can say is 'wow', we couldn't believe it! The car park only had a few cars in it and the shops were offering us discounts as we walked into them. I got discount on the spot at Coach and the Sunglass Hut. I managed to 'bag' excuse the punt two Coach handbags for $200 (excluding tax) and one of those was a beautiful black handbag which was from the Coach shop! (Apparently only 3% of bags from the Coach shops end up in the outlets, so I was really lucky! ). We ended up spending 5 hours there and did all our shopping in that time. We met our other DD at Orlando, as she had been on a cruise with her partner and my DH said, if it wasn't such a drive, then we wouldn't bother with the outlets in Orlando. So if anyone is heading that way, it's definitely worth stopping by and negotiating. (Got talking to a lady in Coach and parently it's their Winter period now - really - and things are very slow as the snow birds have left! ). Susan. (Sorry, so many typo's must be jet lagged! ).

Edited at 09:28 PM.
Susan62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Totally agree, we have been down there several times and got some real bargains.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We love it there!
Old 5 Sep 16, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I am never out of it! Oh the bargains I have had over the years.
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
All my best shopping is done there! We are lucky enough to have a couple of sets of friends who live in Naples :-)
The Abercrombie outlet can usually be relied upon to keep the teens happy, and the Bloomingdales outlet always produces jeans etc.
Definitely worth a visit if you're down that way.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Looks ace... shame it's nearly a 3 hour drive from Orlando
Old 5 Sep 16, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We'll be there one afternoon this week during our usual Sept stay!
September is the low season on the Gulf Coast & more common to see German rather than Brit tourists around the FMB/Naples area during this time.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Looks ace... shame it's nearly a 3 hour drive from Orlando
Hmmmm

we drive to altamonte mall

i wonder if its worth to go here instead ? ? ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan62
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
Hmmmm

we drive to altamonte mall

i wonder if its worth to go here instead ? ? ?
We've been to Altamonte Mall as well but I must say it was much better here. Shops and car parks were empty! Maybe you could condense it with an over night stay, it was really beautiful at Naples beach. There were turtle nests along the beach and we saw dolphins from the pier! Susan

Edited at 08:50 PM.
Susan62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan62
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
We'll be there one afternoon this week during our usual Sept stay!
September is the low season on the Gulf Coast & more common to see German rather than Brit tourists around the FMB/Naples area during this time.
Funnily enough to we did hear German people at the mall, which we're just not used to in Florida but funny thing is my DD got a message via FB from an old primary school friend (she's now 22 btw), who asked if it was her at the mall as he wasn't sure. How unreal is that? Susan
Closed Thread