Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Sep 16, 04:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Love Miromar outlets, have had lots of bargains there over the years.

I'll miss it next year as we're not going to Naples but staying in Orlando, the outlets there's feel like a complete waste of time in comparison.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 04:15 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Susan62 View Post
Funnily enough to we did hear German people at the mall, which we're just not used to in Florida but funny thing is my DD got a message via FB from an old primary school friend (she's now 22 btw), who asked if it was her at the mall as he wasn't sure. How unreal is that? Susan
We've always noticed lots of German tourists in this part of Florida.

We're in Fort Myers Beach right now; German restaurants here & there (no 1 restaurant on Tripadvisor is German) & a fair few of the places for rent on VRBO are owned by Germans/US Germans or have lots of reviews by previous renters in German.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I will keep this in mind when we are there next year over that side!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
dking2001
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
We've always noticed lots of German tourists in this part of Florida.

We're in Fort Myers Beach right now; German restaurants here & there (no 1 restaurant on Tripadvisor is German) & a fair few of the places for rent on VRBO are owned by Germans/US Germans or have lots of reviews by previous renters in German.
There are charter flights from Germany direct to Fort Myers.
dking2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Love Miromar, it's our favourite. Went to Sawgrass Mills last year for the first time, not a pleasant experience.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
Hmmmm

we drive to altamonte mall

i wonder if its worth to go here instead ? ? ?
We tried Altamonte this year... it was much further away then we thought - probably a good hour in the car from the US27 and have to say it really wasn't worth it. We ended up leaving after a few hours and went back to Premium Outlets on Vineland which we much preferred but can also be hit and miss - some years we've had bargains other years its not been much different to back home.

Originally Posted by Susan62 View Post
We've been to Altamonte Mall as well but I must say it was much better here. Shops and car parks were empty! Maybe you could condense it with an over night stay, it was really beautiful at Naples beach. There were turtle nests along the beach and we saw dolphins from the pier! Susan
Possibly might be an option... MrsMoo did visit Napes about 20 years ago and said she didn't like it much. Maybe it's because she was an early teenager back then! I'm trying to twist her arm to go again as i'd love to visit the area.
Old 6 Sep 16, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dking2001 View Post
There are charter flights from Germany direct to Fort Myers.
There has always been many German and other European visitors (and villa owners) down in the Ft Myers / /Cape Coral / Naples / Sanibel & Captiva area - my husband is constantly pointing out famous German footballers when we are in restaurants or Malls - I am too busy reading the lovely menus or shopping for bargains!

I highly recommend Miromar Outlets if designer bargains are your thing - one of my best buys was a beautiful black Michael Kors trenchcoat ($85!) just love it!
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 16, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
carolineonecat
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were there in june ( end off ) and I was disappointed :-( normally I got given discount vouchers etc but nothing and we spend almost $450 in A&F .had been there 2 years prior and done really well .
I found ordering on line much cheaper .
It is a nice shopping area and we were staying in Naples for a couple of nights but I feel my expectation had maybe been too high as if previous year .
I suppose it depends as sticks change but glad so many did get bargains 😜
Old 9 Sep 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DebsMK
Very Serious Dibber

We take a couple of trips to Miromar every year and each time drive around the corner to Coconut Point which is an incredible upmarket shopping area. If you go to Miromar, also take a trip here it's about 10 minutes away and has good restaurants especially the pizza one . One side of the area has all the large shops like TK Maxx, Marshalls, Bed Bath and Beyond etc too.

simon/mall/coconut-point

Back soon!
DebsMK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DebsMK View Post
We take a couple of trips to Miromar every year and each time drive around the corner to Coconut Point which is an incredible upmarket shopping area. If you go to Miromar, also take a trip here it's about 10 minutes away and has good restaurants especially the pizza one . One side of the area has all the large shops like TK Maxx, Marshalls, Bed Bath and Beyond etc too.

simon/mall/coconut-point
It also has a great Farmers Market every Thursday morning - never seen so many different types of bagels, freshly baked! The fruit was also gorgeous.

I also love the store West Elm (quite like Habitat) and pick up bits for both the villa and for taking home. The great thing about Coconut Point is all the huge stores are right next door to each other (SuperTarget, TJMaxx, Ross, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc) Then you just walk across the car park to some great restaurants, or the movies or a bar!
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread