Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Sep 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan62
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by capecoralfl View Post
It also has a great Farmers Market every Thursday morning - never seen so many different types of bagels, freshly baked! The fruit was also gorgeous.

I also love the store West Elm (quite like Habitat) and pick up bits for both the villa and for taking home. The great thing about Coconut Point is all the huge stores are right next door to each other (SuperTarget, TJMaxx, Ross, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc) Then you just walk across the car park to some great restaurants, or the movies or a bar!
Thanks guys, I definitely would like to go back to this area and spend a week there. The beaches were lovely and we had a very relaxing few days. I will add this to 'my do list'! Susan
Susan62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Natztastic
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I must be in the minority but I didn't find it to be very great at all? The mall is lovely in design etc with the nice fountains etc but I found the prices quite expensive.
DLP Aug '08 - WDW May '09 - WDW Nov '10 - DLP May '11 - DLP Dec '11 - WDW Oct '12 (Got engaged!) - DLP Mar '13 - WDW May '13 - DLP Oct '13 - WDW Oct '14 - WDW May '15 - Orlando Nov 15 - Orlando May '16 - Orlando Sep '16
Natztastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by capecoralfl View Post
It also has a great Farmers Market every Thursday morning - never seen so many different types of bagels, freshly baked! The fruit was also gorgeous.

I also love the store West Elm (quite like Habitat) and pick up bits for both the villa and for taking home. The great thing about Coconut Point is all the huge stores are right next door to each other (SuperTarget, TJMaxx, Ross, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc) Then you just walk across the car park to some great restaurants, or the movies or a bar!
I did smile when I saw the title of this thread as I know you luv Miromar... but you get to smile back as you know I'd rather chew my arm off than go shopping, that I get all our needs, designer name or not, at the two charity shops on the island I do relent and venture to B&BW's in the Edison when the 75% post Christmas sale is on, only because I like their triple moisture body lotion so much and sweet talk a $10 off a $40 spend. I park by Dillards, walk to B&BW's, buy the lotion and walk back to the car, 10 mins tops. I have no idea what else is in the Edison

We did endure Miromar once, in 2004 when my brother wanted trainers, so I drove us all over there... luckily he only went to the couple of stores he was interested in and we left... big sigh!
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
We tried Altamonte this year... it was much further away then we thought - probably a good hour in the car from the US27 and have to say it really wasn't worth it. We ended up leaving after a few hours and went back to Premium Outlets on Vineland which we much preferred but can also be hit and miss - some years we've had bargains other years its not been much different to back home.

Possibly might be an option... MrsMoo did visit Napes about 20 years ago and said she didn't like it much. Maybe it's because she was an early teenager back then! I'm trying to twist her arm to go again as i'd love to visit the area.

Yes, we always allow 1 hour drive from OKW to Altamonte mall

I thought of a over night stay at the beach, the girls laughed at the idea and said " we can go to the beach here ", they have a point
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
Looks ace... shame it's nearly a 3 hour drive from Orlando
Ouch ! I was just going to ask how far away it is. What a shame
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Ouch ! I was just going to ask how far away it is. What a shame
Have you been down to Ellenton outlets or over to Vero beach outlets
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 16, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Almost forgot there are more outlets just outside St Augustine
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 04:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
Almost forgot there are more outlets just outside St Augustine
Plus the 'new' (open almost a year) Tampa Premium Outlets.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dking2001
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DebsMK View Post
We take a couple of trips to Miromar every year and each time drive around the corner to Coconut Point which is an incredible upmarket shopping area. If you go to Miromar, also take a trip here it's about 10 minutes away and has good restaurants especially the pizza one . One side of the area has all the large shops like TK Maxx, Marshalls, Bed Bath and Beyond etc too.

simon/mall/coconut-point
Agree about Coconut Point. Kids love the Apple Store and huge Barnes and Noble there. We used to be regulars at Tony Saccos Pizza too until this year when there were 2 hairs cooked into the pizza (did not look like head hair either ) They handled our complaint pretty poorly and we have sworn we will never go back there.
dking2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

we could really do with a list of outlets
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread