Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 3 Nov 16, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
Can I ask where the clearance place was?

We food food very expensive in the supermarkets and more expensive than we anticipated n the restaurants this year but we did get plenty of shoe bargains (sketchers $15, vans x 4 $7 - 15, converse $15)
Converse clearance store mile marker 12/13 on US192
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tinks75 View Post
Converse clearance store mile marker 12/13 on US192
Great thanks!
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

I'm just back from Las Vegas and it was so expensive. I know it was mostly to do with the exchange rate but the $ price has absolutely went up too. I bought hardly anything compared to previous years and the things I did buy were things that I wouldn't be able to get here, so a lot from Hot Topic basically.
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sugarmouse
Excited about Disney

Yes we've found stuff expensive mainly because of the dreadful exchange rate. We said this time that we'd only be buying stuff that we couldn't get at all in the UK rather than stuff that is cheaper than in the UK as with lots of stuff there didn't seem to be much difference.

Did a huge Bath & Bodyworks haul but can't get that in UK and all had discounts on.

That being said, one thing that is massively cheaper was Monster high dolls and shopkins if anyone has kids who are into them! Monster high dolls were $6 in Walmart compared to £30 here!
Sugarmouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lancer01
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just got back and empty suitcase on way out , full suitcase on way back. Changed my money up day before Brexit vote so got $1.48 to £. Still so much cheaper than uk imo and so much more fun. Over a dozen Ralph shirts and polos plus loads of north face and tommy hillfiger. Won't need to go clothes shopping until this time next year when hopefully will be back in Florida.
Lancer01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
Great thanks!
a word of warning on it though, its nothing to look at and is next door to a dollartree store, if you go in the evening we noticed a fair % of " lower class " people hanging around outside

we got in the store and then straight back to the car
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I've just got back from the Gap store in LBV Outlets and got some lovely things for my great niece and nephews, very reasonably priced. I had a coupon for 40% off, but all the things I bought were already reduced by 30, 40 or 50% so I didn't think I'd get the extra 40% off - I DID !

Got some craft things for my DSis at half the UK price.

So far I'm happy with my shopping, although I tend to buy some rather odd bits and bobs !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I've just got back from the Gap store in LBV Outlets and got some lovely things for my great niece and nephews, very reasonably priced. I had a coupon for 40% off, but all the things I bought were already reduced by 30, 40 or 50% so I didn't think I'd get the extra 40% off - I did!
We found this today too, went to Banana republic, most things were 50% off then I got 40% off with my coupon, we were very pleased
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds if Orlando/Kissimmee is going to hell in a handcart with all it's "rough and lower class people"
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 16, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
tinks75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
a word of warning on it though, its nothing to look at and is next door to a dollartree store, if you go in the evening we noticed a fair % of " lower class " people hanging around outside

we got in the store and then straight back to the car
One time we were there and a British family were robbed of all their shopping bags in broad daylight. Like everywhere - keep your wits about you!
Howard Johnston I-Drive and Fort Lauderdale 81 as a kid , many European trips with parents, NYC & Vegas Honeymoon 00, Venetian Bay, Kissimmee April 2008, West Stonebridge, Aug 09, Florida Pines 2013, Santa Fe DLP 2014, Clarrion Inn, Art of Animation, Animal Kingdon Villas and Grand Plaza St Petes 2015, Centre Parcs and Iceland 2016, Highgate Park May 2017, Rosen Inn Point 2018, DLP NPB 2021, DLP day trip 2022, DLP Sept 2022.
tinks75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List