Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Feb 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I think we should hopefully be travelling in the later half of this year - having regard to how well the vaccines are working
Old 5 Feb 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've given up trying to work it out! When we modified last June (Sept stay) to May '21 there was no way that I could see us not going & that '20 would be a distant bad memory! Look how well that worked out, a year on & apart from the vaccine we are all still locked up! & Everyone is "grasping" at the vaccine lifeline & when we are all likely to get it! We modified again from May to Sept, a week later BA extended their vouchers to 2023 & perhaps had we known we would have pushed to May '22 (Jun UY)
The highlight of our week so far has been booking 3 nights camping on the Isle of Skye for May we might actually manage to get there! On top of this 2 weeks in Newquay in the summer & of course SSR in Sept.
Life is for living,some 17 years ago DW was given less than 2 hours to live (& I'm not exaggerating) whilst we were all saying our goodbyes that she was totally unaware of they decided to try one last thing & 17 years later, she still has issues but is literally fit as a fiddle! You just never know what's around the corner.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
This post has been fascinating to read, thank you for the lively contributions!
For us, Shooby do is so very right, life is certainly too short and for living! We will travel this year if we can and may or may not visit the parks, will decide when we get there... can’t think of anything better than spending a couple of weeks in Florida - parks or no parks
Old 6 Feb 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think the only thing, fingers crossed, that would stop us, is the current 14 day quarantine rule, that would just be a non-starter. We are delaying any decision on Disney passes, until closer to the time, we have our Universal AP's frozen so can use those but we have never done a non-disney holiday but £900 for 2 passes is a lot for what is currently being offered! IYKWIM.
Let's hope that we all can get back there.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

We do Disney as an add on to a multi centre now so had planned Vancouver-Seattle-Orlando-New York for 2020 pushed back to 2021 and now ? No idea and I cannot control it so I will just wait until BA cancels the flights to a miracle happens and we can go. I'll push it back to summer 2022 and take a week in the US before that if the borders open.

To be honest I've accepted it's likely a no-go this year but I still plan an itinerary to keep my spirits up and something to look forward to.

We've been in Ireland since November when my uncle took ill and passed away before Christmas. It's very doom and gloom over here to be honest. Government are saying 'maybe' to holidays within Ireland in the summer and really no sign of any decent leadership. I know it's easy to be a backseat driver but it's very frustrating to see no one working to set up a testing scheme for air travel or to stick to the traffic light system for air travel that was a flash in the pan it seems and has been forgotten now. Also still talk of this mandatory quarantine coming down the line.

What's difficult for me is the lack of an end goal. I'm not sure what we're aiming for. Is it vaccinate a certain %, is it zero covid cases, zero covid deaths, a certain acceptable number of cases?

I have watched a few press conferences from the US on C-Span and I think they are not going to throw open the border anytime soon and let in whoever. I do think however that they are showing some decent leadership, are going well with vaccinations, and want to get the economy back open for the summer. I would think the Canadian border would be the first to open in some way and then they will start looking further afield but I do expect that there will be some restrictions at first whether it's that we'll need to be vaccinated or that we'll need to provide negative tests on entry.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List