Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Jan 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
beepbeep
Proud to wear my Ears

Atd uk Disney 2020 tickets

Hey guys
We were planning on Disney holiday last year nov 2020 but that didn’t go ahead due to COVID, we have rebooked for sep 18th 2021
But after rebooking I noticed our Disney tickets purchased through atd are only automatically extended to and expire on 14th sept

I’ve tried emailing and atd and Disney
No replies to my emails asking can I extend the tickets
We had the tickets linked to my Disney experience which according to atd conditions they cant refund these as they have no way of checking if there used

Tried phoning atd no answer

Tried phoning Disney after a lengthy wait she couldn’t help me as I didn’t buy through Disney so she transferred me to another but they couldn’t help so they transferred me but gave up after waiting 2 hours for someone to answer

Anyone else have attraction ticket direct tickets and found out about the expire date.

We’ve spent over £2,500 on tickets and worried we’re going to lose the money

Universal was wonderful a quick email and they replied with in 2 days and had all sorted for us extending the expiration to dec 2021

Edited at 01:06 PM.
beepbeep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

As far as I’m aware you can’t extend the Disney tickets, ATD will buy them back for 80% of there value or you can get a credit note from them for further purchases, I also have the 2020 tickets mines expire on the 30th sept so with my trip in sept I will get use of them.
However and this is pure speculation on my part, if we get to sept and we’re stil not allowed to travel I’d hedge my bets on them extending the tickets expiry again.
I agree with you about universal then have been amazing I called about my annual pass and it’s now blocked til I return, I just call up day before I go to the park and my pass will be reactivated and will have 15 months to use it til I need to renew again
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

I know ATD are not as quick as usual in responding at the moment but you could always try dropping them a line on Twitter as the seem to be answering queries fairly quickly on there.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re in exactly the same position so would love to hear how you get on with ATD.

The thought of losing over £3,000 is really worrying me 😞
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

We phoned last week and got straight through. Spoke to a lovely lady who explained our options. we could send them back and get an 80% refund. option 2. wait until Feb when the 2022 prices are released then pay the difference with no admin fee or send them back now and they will hold the full credit until we can book something. They also said we can use the credit to book any tickets with them so not only Disney.
Hope this helps
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

This is where travel insurance comes into play most likely.

If and its a big IF, the tickets could be extended in any way I suspect that you would have to pay the difference in price in what you paid and the new cost of the tickets that are valid for end of September 2021 onwards.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
We phoned last week and got straight through. Spoke to a lovely lady who explained our options. we could send them back and get an 80% refund. option 2. wait until Feb when the 2022 prices are released then pay the difference with no admin fee or send them back now and they will hold the full credit until we can book something. They also said we can use the credit to book any tickets with them so not only Disney.
Hope this helps
We’ve already linked ours to MDE - do you know if that would make a difference?
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

We linked ours to reserve the dates for May 21. Before we linked them we phoned to check if it would invalidate them if we had to reschedule and we were told it was O.K we also told them we had linked them when we phoned and were still given the same 3 options .
we will probably go down the refund route now. I am gutted we didn't take the insurance out as we usually do , but at least we will get the 80% back.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
We linked ours to reserve the dates for May 21. Before we linked them we phoned to check if it would invalidate them if we had to reschedule and we were told it was O.K we also told them we had linked them when we phoned and were still given the same 3 options .
we will probably go down the refund route now. I am gutted we didn't take the insurance out as we usually do , but at least we will get the 80% back.
Thanks for that 👍

As you say 80% back is better than losing it all. I’m working today but think I need to make a call to ATD soon.
Old 26 Jan 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just spoken to a very helpful lady at ATD.

We have Disney/Universal combo tickets which we’ve already extended to September this year.

I was told that I could either return them and have 80% back or pay the difference to extend them to 2022.

It doesn’t matter that I’ve already linked the Disney tickets to MDE and we don’t need to make a decision yet. They just need to know before the current expiry in September.

I feel very relieved as with everything I’m hearing, a trip this year is looking less likely.