Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Jan 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Aug 2022 who to book with

Hey lovely dibbers,

We are looking at booking a holiday to disney, universal and cruise next August (2022).
Wanted some advise on who to book the cruise part with.
We will probably go with royal caribbean as cheaper than Disney cruises for same itinery and length is longer on RCI too (although would love a Disney cruise).
Looking at 5 nights on 29th August from Port canaveral.

Would you book with a US TA? As at the moment the US royal caribbean site is giving 60% off 2nd adult and then another % off any other in the cabin, and as party of 5 that is quite a saving against the UK site.

Have contacted both dreams unlimited (as had booked with them for a Disney cruise this year, unfortunately cancelled due to covid and they were very helpful) and travel on a dream, as saw a few on here say they were OK to work with.

Anyone got experiences with either company.

Or any positive or negatives with booking with a US TA.

Just want to make the right choice, and hopefully get the cruise for a good price.

Thanks guys. 👍
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So I've only booked Disney cruises and done with both Dreams and with Travel on a Dream. Out of the two I had better experience with TOAD but that was just because my agent was better. The key is finding a good agent really. My agent has since moved to In Touch Vacations and I now book through them as she is good. That said I'm sure that both Dreams and TOAD will have good agents too I just didn't get lucky with Dreams (agent was very unresponsive when I asked what I thought were reasonable questions like could you request that we have a table on our own possibly).
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I book US cruises with Deb Gustafson from TOAD. She has been brilliant and incredibly patient with me - especially over the past year Definitely recommend!

Edited at 12:46 PM. Reason: wrong name
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Thanks guys.
Have managed to book with dreams, no fees and refundable deposit for the cruise (only $200 extra, which we thought for peace of mind worth it) . 😊
Saved nearly £750 on booking the same thing in the UK and would lose the deposit too if we needed to cancel or rearrange for any reason. So think booking via US TA will hopefully end up being a very good choice.
Thanks for your advise both.
👍
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Just seen this thread and wanted to give another positve shout for Deb and 'Travel on a dream'. We have booked an RCI cruise with her for 2022 and she was nothing but helpful and a much better price than I could get in the UK,
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

We're considering a cruise from Florida next year, we have two teens (under 18).

We would probably share a stateroom - do any of them give discounts for 4 to a room? Or are there any other tips you could give me please?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We also have 2 teens and have always shared a room. We try to get the family room with verandah on DCL. To be honest we have always been fine with this amount of space as are rarely all in the room at once except to sleep
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
We're considering a cruise from Florida next year, we have two teens (under 18).

We would probably share a stateroom - do any of them give discounts for 4 to a room? Or are there any other tips you could give me please?
So its not so much a discount. The 3rd and 4th people in a room are always cheaper than the first two.

Research room sizes and I'd definitely try for a split bathroom arrangement if possible as with 4 people in one room having a separate toilet to shower room is really useful when you are trying to get ready.