Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 11 Oct 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
I’ve done this for the last couple of years - buy foil trays - par boil the roasts and freeze with goose fat .
Par boil heritage carrots and freeze - ready to roast .
We have normal ones too .
Also have prepped red cabbage like this too but I like the smell of it cooking.
Anything to make things easier .
We said the same about the smell. I’d just like to spend less time in the kitchen though!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

Some good tips so far.

So far I have:

Purchased a new Christmas Tree. Wilko have 20% off them currently. I have always had a real tree but I just do not want the mess anymore.

Purchased a game for Christmas Day. Bullseye. Comes with a little dart board. Looks great fun and only 4.80 from the works with a code.

Ordered the Turkey crown, lobster starter and colli cheese from M & S and got a collection Slot at 8am Christmas Eve.

Got the gammon joint as currently half price in Tesco and frozen.

Part boiled some sprouts and frozen.

Made Mary Berry mincemeat (uses butter instead of suet) So ready to make the mince pies.

Finished Christmas shopping for gifts.

Think that’s it so far...
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I have done M&S food order, collecting christmas eve. Got lots of chocolates to make up boxes for staff at hospital, got the teacher amd TA presents, Nintendo switch for DD and a few smaller presents, coat for one of DS. Looking at getting some other pressies next week when i am in town on my own!
Old 15 Oct 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’m one of those normally super organised, everything prepped in advance type of person. But this year I’m just not feeling it. I usually have a big extended family Christmas Day, then on Boxing Day host my 5 close girlfriends with their husbands and kids, so 30ish in total. I can’t get my head around what this year will look like so can’t bring myself to prep for it. I tried to force myself into it this morning so I ordered a beauty advent calendar for my 17 year old daughter and a lynx one for my 12 year old son. I booked a drive in Christmas movie for 23rd Dec and ordered our matching Christmas PJs for Christmas Eve. And that was it. Can’t think about presents. Can’t think about food. I need some Christmas mojo 😕

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have:

Booked grocery slots with Ocado and Waitrose (20/12 and 23/12)

Bought quite a few presents during Prime Day

Bought a lot of chocolate already - will see if it lasts until Xmas :-)
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I struggle every year on present buying. I just don’t know what to buy anyone. I always feel it has to be something a bit different but don’t know what!

I would love to have everything bought and wrapped by November to stop me stressing about it but that won’t happen. Every year it gets harder as I can’t repeat any ideas that I do come up with. I’m always amazed at people on here.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I struggle every year on present buying. I just don’t know what to buy anyone. I always feel it has to be something a bit different but don’t know what!

I would love to have everything bought and wrapped by November to stop me stressing about it but that won’t happen. Every year it gets harder as I can’t repeat any ideas that I do come up with. I’m always amazed at people on here.
There are a couple of threads running - Unique gifts, and Small businesses - some unusual / different gifts on those.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
There are a couple of threads running - Unique gifts, and Small businesses - some unusual / different gifts on those.
I had not noticed the small business thread. I am trying to shop at small businesses (especially local food) as much as I can. I’ll have a look - thanks.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m thinking we’re about to go into full lockdown again in Republic of Ireland so have tried to get what I can sorted before that happens. I have quite a bit bought for DS and DD, just waiting to find out what dd wants as a main present. I have my Mum bought and plan to do the rest of relatives online so they get them! I’ve got a few family friends sorted.
I have no idea what to do about pressies for DH! Or what to do about food! I might get my turkey from the local farm which we do on occasion, but can be a bit expensive. Just trying to support local. And I think I’ll start adding some bits to my weekly shop starting next week.
I’m finding it all a bit difficult without going to shopping centres etc to be inspired!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Still got to get freezer defrosted, then it will be part filled with everyday stuff and half christmas goodies!
We off to a lovely farm halloween week for pumpkin picking ( although not doing halloween ths year really, its a bit of a tradition! ) so i will get some nice meat etc there for the freezer for Christmas.
Monday i am shopping on my own in town so plan to get lots then.