Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We've mostly holidayed in the UK as a family due to finances and always enjoyed it and made lovely memories with our kids. With that said, Orlando last year (cancelled) was supposed to be the first year of us going abroad regularly, great timing I know! I would really like to go abroad this year, though I doubt it will be an expensive theme park based holiday like Orlando. Probably more of a sunny pool/beach/sightseeing one somewhere in Europe. We didn't end up going on a proper holiday at all last year, just had a few nights in Blackpool as my partner was doing a secondment at work during the summer, so we'd love to get away when its possible. Don't mind wearing masks on the plane and in restaurants etc. However, if international travel is still dicey I anticipate UK accommodation costs will go through the roof so we will likely borrow my dad's caravan and go to Wales

Edited at 05:27 PM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

For me it really depends on what the tier situation is in the UK. If museums and hospitality venues are allowed to open..maybe even some live music or theatre (!) then a UK based holiday will probably feel like a luxury compared to life at the moment. We are usually of the mindset that a holiday in the UK isn’t a proper holiday. However we went to Somerset last October (2 adults WFH in a flat since March - we needed a change of scenery) and maybe it’s because we had low expectations of a UK holiday but we really enjoyed it. So I wouldn’t write off the idea for 2021 but if there’s an option to go abroad we will take it. Perhaps it will have to be Israel?
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Got four nights in Scotland in June, 3 nights in Newquay in July and going to book a few nights in north wales for august... typically the places I really want to go (Scotland and wales) they might not let us in! 🙈

But I don’t class them as holidays, just breaks lol

Edit to say, I have sorrento booked for June (moved from last year) but booked Scotland as a back up as don’t think Italy will happen. To be honest I want to go to Scotland more since I’m so desperate to go to the highlands and have already had to cancel twice!

Edited at 05:42 PM.
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

We have glamping booked for Easter, keeping fingers crossed we still get to go.
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Unfortunately both types of holidays I prefer (theme park, city break) are unavailable or subpar experiences right now.

I'd need a lot of restrictions to lift before I could resume either. On my last solo break to London I was lucky enough to do great museums and HMS Belfast, something that I'd like to treat my father to at some point.

Fingers crossed.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

No, we have nothing booked at all at the moment, I just want to wait and see what happens so that I can see my options.

Growing up, I only ever went on holiday in caravans in the uk, as my mum couldn’t afford to take me abroad. I rather enjoy a caravan holiday, weather doesn’t matter to me, I am more than happy in rain or shine.

I do like uk city breaks, so that might be a possibility.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
Were from up North so Brighton is completely new to us. never done it before but we did Whitby last year and loved it so hoping if we need to do UK again, it will be a nice place.
We're from the South East so Brighton just a day trip for us but we've just booked a few nights in a 4 bed house in Whitby for the beginning of August. Never been to that area so it'll be nice to visit somewhere different.

We keep looking at booking somewhere abroad for a week but not really sure where and still not sure how 'back to normal' things will be.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Interesting to read everyone's plans...

We had our month in Florida last year cancelled... but had the most amazing fortnight in Wales. We've got teenage boys, and we walked, swam, explored and boated our way round the North of the country! We went white water rafting, coasteering, canyoning, hiking and of course tackled the fastest zip wire in world. We visited amazing castles, and sat on some the most stunning beaches we've ever been on. My youngest son has always wanted a holiday in Wales, but we would never, ever have booked our main holiday in Wales under 'normal' circumstances. We also had a great week in the Isle of Wight in October half term (were supposed to be in Spain). It's really opened up our eyes a bit really. Whilst we do love this country of ours, we do also like the relaxation of guaranteed sunshine and a pool! That said, we would explore places every day, even in Europe. Who knows what will happen this year... but we will probably visit Cornwall if we decide to ditch the Florida plans. We were supposed to be going to Portugal in March, but probably won't be allowed anywhere else... if we are, we would like to visit Rye on the south coast.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

We managed to get to Whitby for a week last September with our two dogs and we have booked that again for this September.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am lucky to live in West Cornwall (Falmouth). If this mess continues, then I will cancel and rebook the US West Coast for 2022 and spend the Summer of 2021 out on our canoes, a bit of fishing and hopefully, plenty of time on the Beaches... That is if I can get on them with the influx of visitors.

My town is also absolutely flush with good restaurants and maybe I should make more use of them in the event that there are any left, come the Summer.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:26 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List