Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 Apr 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Day 7. A week already!
Today was our first Universal day.

We must of eaten muffins and fruit (or chocolate and crisps, it’s a 50/50 chance... ) at the villa, no pictures.

For lunch we headed to Moes.
It was a bit chaotic in there.
3 of us had the Krusty burger

They were ok, nothing special but nothing terrible. It’s nice for the experience and photo...Could of done with loads of cheese and sauce

DS had the waffle and chicken burger. Again, edible and finished off.

The beloved Simpson doughnut for pudding, shared. This was nice.

After a few more hours of rides (wimpy ones as we don’t do big ones...) it was a cold stone creamery for the journey home. We all went for something different, very nice but some went way too big and with too many toppings and couldn’t eat it. Best part of $40 of ice cream too...🙄

We did see a Cheesecake Factory on the way to Universal and were so excited ready for our journey home. ≈≈≈≈≈≈ me we couldn’t find it! We hit the mall for a few hours.

Home to swim in the villa complex. And take away pizza from pappa Johns.

It was nice but we were certainly craving fruit and veg! I think we had a ready made Walmart side salad and grapes for pudding.

Edited at 04:05 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Day 8
Today we started at Animal Kingdom.
We had lunch at Satu’li Canteen. OMG it was sooooo good! Beautifully fresh and flavourful. Not a scrap left by any of us as we were craving fresh food by now!

And a few puddings to share

In the evening we popped to Disney Springs, this wasn’t terribly successful in terms of shopping as kids just couldn’t decided what, if anything, they wanted beyond food..
Polite pig it was! It was very busy, I cued first about 45 mins while they shopped.
I think we had a sharer platter of some sort and a few extra sides to make it stretching it was just right.

dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Day 9
Today was a late one as we were staying at Universal Royal Pacific for the night.

We started at Denny’s for brunch.
DD had Nutella crepes

I had strawberry which were very nice! I could slam a lot right now...

DS and hubby had the usual Denny’s breakfast. They added an extra unlimited stack and I may of helped them out!

It wasn’t the best service. This will be a theme for today... he forgot the kids milkshakes. Didn’t top up our coffees. Took 10 mins for more pancakes...still tipped well, we are the worst wimps 😂

Onto Universal.

Rides, shows blah blah. Then o to vodoo doughnuts. I can’t remember what we all had but I will start with mine as it was immense and I remember;
It was a chocolate, peanut butter and maple bear claw, soooooo good! I had to share though as it was quite sickly

We had decided early on to go to the chocolate emporium for dinner. It was a no go, 2 hr waits...
So, we tried Hard Rock Cafe. Here it went all wrong.
I won’t bore you all but the service was not good, ignored at the bar for 30 mins, lovely but over whelmed young waitress. A bully of a father in the table next to us kicked off about wrong food that took forever. His poor family, he was vile, young kids were crying as he wouldn’t let them eat the food put in front of them as he wanted to go ;( Hubby had to tell
Me not to get involved as this is America...
Anyway after 45 mins we still hadn’t had a starter. I spoke with the manager who came to sort it. Turns out our order hadn’t been put through ;( he comped is a starter sharer, which was hit and miss.

We paid for our drinks and left, disappointed as still hungry but the park was due to close shortly.

On the way back to the hotel we visited Panda Express. No photos sadly but I think it was a success.

Old 25 Apr 20, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Day 10, double digit already 😭
Sadly no photos of our breakfast in the Islands restaurant at RPR.
The family went for the buffet, which was amazing! So much choice and loads of fresh options
I went for a skillet of potatoes, veg, chorizo and egg. It was just ok. Thankfully the family fed me stuff from their buffet runs and the server turned a blind eye (it was one or the other, I made the wrong choice!)
Them at kept us going til teatime!

This time we did make it to the Cheesecake Factory

The beloved bread to start. Man we love this. Especially the brown one. We visited CCF way too many times in Boston just for the bread..

A rather boozy cocktail

We had roasted sprouts to share for starters, our fabulous server was very entertaining for the kids, very ‘from the block’ cool. He questioned making kids eat sprouts on holiday... 😂

I had the curry. I’ve had this before and it is sooooo good! Jam packed with veg and fruit, just the right amount of spice. Could easily have this right now!

Hubby went weird and ordered a sandwich. Ok it’s not like any other sandwich you get here, but still... he enjoyed it

DS had a burger

No picture for DD but remember she had the lasagna. I know this as we’ve talked about it many times since 😏 it was very cheesy, hot oozey cheese...
We have never managed to eat cheesecake here so took two to go, red velvet and some sort of chocolate Oreo one.

Safe to say it lasted approx 3 mins on arrival to the villa..

Edited at 04:06 PM.
Old 25 Apr 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really enjoying your report, it's making me hungry!
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Really enjoying your report, it's making me hungry!
Thanks! Me too, and Ive just had a massive tea! Not the same making it yourself
Old 29 Jul 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Time to get this finished so I can start the trip report!

Restarting 17th Feb., day 11
It seems today was a chill day to start with as we had after hours at magic kingdom booked (wow, we loved this! 5 goes on SDMT in a row!)

We started with a late breakfast at Denny’s. Oh how we love it there.
We waited quite a while, it was Presidents’ Day so lots of locals out.

Daughter had a combo of hash brows, eggs and sausages, and banana Nutella crepes

Son and hubby had grand slam and had loads and loads of unlimited pancakes. Both felt it later on 🐷

I had a philly steak omelette with extra chills and cheese, now who’s the oink?!

We then spent the afternoon sleeping this off and preparing for the night. Kids had been warned to sleep as no one was to moan about staying out til gone midnight after I almost sold a kidney for the tickets...
We also sat by the pool drinking margarita lites (me) and loads of watermelon (again me)

Before going to After hours we went to longhorns, another I was desperate to try!

We started with the bread but as had free starters we went easy on this. Ha! As if, it was gone before they came back with the cutlery 😂

For the appetiser we went for cheesy mushrooms. These were inhaled #3rddegreeburns

Hubby had a fillet steak and fries, rare. He only wanted a small one. Which meant he had plenty of room to eat our scraps 🙄

I had a massive rib eye, rare

Daughter went all out and had a prime rib. She wanted it rare but they only had medium left, she chanced it and enjoyed it

Son had ribs but this time went for a half side

And we shared their famous strawberry and pecan salad. It was ok. It broke up the brown and beige colour scheme of our mains but I wouldn’t bother again, go for something less unusual

At after hours we enjoyed several helpings of Mickey ice creams and sandwiches, popcorn and cokes as they were included and hubby was determined we WOULD get our moneys worth as originally said no to after hours 😆😏

Off we waffles to bed.

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 12.

Today was a late one. We decided on eating around Epcot.
We had a light breakfast of muffins and fruit before heading out.

First stop France for a deconstructed strawberry cheesecake. This was Devine! So so good! Even better with a cold glass of Sauvignon blanc

Hubby had deconstructed BLT. This was really nice, the pork belly super soft

It was getting hot so ice cream was needed from Italy

Off to japan and daughter tried the sushi donut. It’s not my
Thing but she enjoyed it

I had some sort of dumplings that were just ok, standard ones you get in the chiller at home sadly

We hit America and shared a couple
Of mini beef wellingtons. These were total winners for me. How can you not just love that you can snack on beef Wellington?!? The veg was nice and crisp.

Then into finally try a funnel cake. It was ok, very greasy. Maybe we should of gone with the ice cream as we thought it would be too much but would actually of hoped cut through the fat. Next time I’m going for the strawberry one!

Into Germany or Norway (sorry not sure!) I went for beef ribs and mash. Again this was very well cooked and succulent, I could eat tons of this. Thankfully the kids had gone into the caramel shop so I didn’t have to share it!

The popccorn was yummy, and I don’t like popcorn normally!
Son got my a Mickey crispy which was nice enough but not something I would go out of my way for again

Son had another werthers cupcake, waaaaaaay to sickly for me but he scoffed it in 3 mouthfuls.

Daughter desperately wanted to try Chinese bubble tea as it was the ‘thing’ on YouTube channels she watches. Total disappointment all around.

On the way out I stopped at Mexico and had some sort of beef taco. It wasn’t the best and don’t think I managed to get it finished between all of us. Nothing to do with the amount we had already eaten 😳

Back to the Olive Garden for dinner once Epcot food marathon was a thing of the past.

I started with a boozy cocktail.

We had a cheesy spinach hot dip to start. Very nice.

Then the lovely OG salad and breadsticks (yummers)

I had a prawn and asparagus pasta. It was as fresh as I needed and started to feel well stuffed and sluggish.

Son and hubby both went for tour of Italy with chicken parmagana, lasagna and carborana

Daughter had spinach and ricotta ravioli
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Today was the day we left our villa, very sad about it!
We made the biggest mistake of the whole holiday. We stopped at Dunkin doughnuts after promising all holiday to try them.
It wasn’t busy but was the slowest service. Ever. We all ordered breakfast food. Which would of been acceptable had the food not been the worst times ever earned up in a microwave. We all binned them after a tiny mouthful. Grim grim grim.

Thankfully the donuts would see us through for a few hours til the sugar rush left us crashing.

Onwards to Boardwalk Villas for the next two nights. Excited but sad that signalled the holiday was coming to the final chapter.
Priorities were getting the fridge stocked up.

Off we went for AK.
Lunch at Yale and Yeti take away.
Myself and daughter had the sesame honey chicken, this was nice

Son had spicy mongaolian beef ribs, he found these a little spicy, I loved them.

Hubby had a boring looking wrap as the breakfast had left him feeling gross.

Back to BWV for a rest and swim. We hadn’t planned anywhere particular for dinner so looked at reservations and after a few discussions decided on Liberty Tavern as it’s as close to a roast dinner we would get and we all wanted some veg!
A quick drink on the balcony over looking the boardwalk. This was simply the best!
Dinner at LT was ok. The theme Was ok but nothing special. The food was quite simple and given this was OOP very expensive for the quality. But there we are, the magic of Disney 😂
The honey bread rolls to start

Then salad, this was very basic and nothing exciting.
The turkey dinner was ok. There wasn’t as much veg as we would of liked to be honest.
they did come around with extra portions and offered even more!

The pudding was super sickly but nice.

Edited at 05:04 PM.
Old 15 Jan 21, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
louikane
VIP Dibber

louikane's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Really enjoyed your food report, need to retry Olive Garden on our next trip!
2017 Sunset Lakes
2019 Emerald Island
2023 Emerald Island
2024 OKW
louikane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List