Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Mar 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Ok then, here goes:

Lgw - Mco 20/8/20 BA world traveller BA 2037

Mco - Lgw 3/09/20 BA world traveller plus BA 2038

Thank you, we probably won’t be going due to the current situation, but you never know.
Sorry about the delay - just been helping a friend on a "rescue mission" - interesting times.

So here goes

BA 2037

Club - 21 seats unoccupied with 2 blocked
WTP - 30 seats unoccupied with 4 blocked
WT - Wide Open

BA 2038

Club - 19 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
WTP - 24 seats unoccupied with 4 Blocked
WT - Wide Open

Of course, as usual subject to change
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Hello Stanley - bet you thought you had seen the back of me

After FCO changed their advice I got through to BA again and changed my flights - yes again. When you have time can you check the following

MCO-MIA
25th Mar
BA 4320 operated by American departing at 17.49

MIA-LHR
25th March
BA 1529 operated by American departing at 20.30

and I thought the last connection was a bit close this ones closer. Many thanks
Keeps me out of trouble I suppose

BA 4320

Bus - 7 seats unoccupied
EC - Wide Open

lots of cancellations that day so expect it to fill up

BA 1529

First - 4 seats unoccupied
Bus - Wide Open
PE - 13 seats unoccpied with 4 blocked
EC - 70% occupied

I suspect this flight will do the same as the last one we looked at and the availability will change substancially as all fare buckets zeroed out as AA work on the flight. Good luck.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Keeps me out of trouble I suppose

BA 4320

Bus - 7 seats unoccupied
EC - Wide Open

lots of cancellations that day so expect it to fill up

BA 1529

First - 4 seats unoccupied
Bus - Wide Open
PE - 13 seats unoccpied with 4 blocked
EC - 70% occupied

I suspect this flight will do the same as the last one we looked at and the availability will change substancially as all fare buckets zeroed out as AA work on the flight. Good luck.

DisneyCupcake lifts head slowly above the parapet to say hello Stanleycamel (yes its me again) - would you believe it American have cancelled my Orlando to Miami flight without telling me. Good job I checked this morning - back on the phone to BA line wasn't open at 7.20am but tried again when at 7.30 local time and answered immediately by a lovely BA lady in Manchester. Hopefully for the very last time can you please check the following flight

MCO-MIA
31st March
AA 260 dep 11.36

From a very grateful DisneyCupcake.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Thank you x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
DisneyCupcake lifts head slowly above the parapet to say hello Stanleycamel (yes its me again) - would you believe it American have cancelled my Orlando to Miami flight without telling me. Good job I checked this morning - back on the phone to BA line wasn't open at 7.20am but tried again when at 7.30 local time and answered immediately by a lovely BA lady in Manchester. Hopefully for the very last time can you please check the following flight

MCO-MIA
31st March
AA 260 dep 11.36

From a very grateful DisneyCupcake.
Oh dear you aren't having a good time - heads up (above the parapet ) HA HA

I really hope I don't put a jinx on your trip but here goes:-

AA 260

Bus - 9 seats unoccupied
Eco - Wide Open

Hope all goes well this time. SC
Old 25 Mar 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Oh dear you aren't having a good time - heads up (above the parapet ) HA HA

I really hope I don't put a jinx on your trip but here goes:-

AA 260

Bus - 9 seats unoccupied
Eco - Wide Open

Hope all goes well this time. SC

Hello SC - Just an update from this mornings MCO-MIA flight and you were spot on with your predictions

Total number of passengers 31 including 10 repositioning crew.
First (as AA laughingly call it) had 8 unoccupied seats so 50% full
Economy - 23 passengers so definitely wide open.

Just waiting for my MIA-LHR American flight now - annoyingly the so called cancelled flight from MCO-MIA this evening wasn't cancelled and is still operating. If I could have got that it would have meant a reasonable connection time.

I have, however, found the only happy aircraft in the world at the moment on the tarmac across the runway (sorry about poor quality photo.

DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi stanleycamel,

If you have time please, interested to get your view following the news that Gatwick North is closed until end of April.

Very much resigned to this trip not going ahead.

26th April 2020 10:10
VS27
LGW to MCO
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Hi stanleycamel,

If you have time please, interested to get your view following the news that Gatwick North is closed until end of April.

Very much resigned to this trip not going ahead.

26th April 2020 10:10
VS27
LGW to MCO
Hello Wolf1984 - thanks for your request its been a bit quiet as you have may noticed all for the sad reason of CVOID-19. The flight loads are still showing so will show them first.

VS 27

UC - 5 seats unoccupied
PE - Upper Deck 9 seats unoccupied with 20 HK blocked
PE - Lower Deck 14 seats unoccupied
EC - Upper Deck Full with 9 seats blocked for paid seating
EC - Lower Deck 104 seats unoccupied with 48 blocked

All fare buckets available but for once I wouldn't expect flight loads to change.

The situation both in the UK and even more so in the US will undoubtedly get worse as far as the spread of CVOID-19 before it gets better (sorry to state the obvious).

Personally I think, sadly, the knock on effect is that it will be some considerable time before "normal service" is resummed - nothing would give me greater pleasure to be proved completely wrong.

__________________________________________________ _

Pleased to support all of our NHS, Emergency Services, key ancillary workers such as our bin men. Thank you to you all.
Old 2 Apr 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Hello SC - Just an update from this mornings MCO-MIA flight and you were spot on with your predictions

Total number of passengers 31 including 10 repositioning crew.
First (as AA laughingly call it) had 8 unoccupied seats so 50% full
Economy - 23 passengers so definitely wide open.

Just waiting for my MIA-LHR American flight now - annoyingly the so called cancelled flight from MCO-MIA this evening wasn't cancelled and is still operating. If I could have got that it would have meant a reasonable connection time.

I have, however, found the only happy aircraft in the world at the moment on the tarmac across the runway (sorry about poor quality photo.

Hello Stanleycamel

So sorry I haven't given feedback about MIA-LHR before now - your prediction was virtually spot on.

First class from what I could see had seats free

I was in business and out of about 52 seats (I think) only 9 were occupied yet an American couple still managed to argue with the staff that THEIR seats weren't right (angling after first which they didn't get). No quarter given by the cabin crew who asked what seats they had chosen which turned out to be the ones they were sitting in - "and your problem is" query from the crew resulted in them backing down, sitting down and thankfully shutting up. You can tell they were sat three rows behind me so I heard every word.

PE was the only cabin that had filled a little more but some seats were still vacant.

Economy - as far as I could see the cabin certainly wasn't full but the overhead lockers were. The crew allowed EC passengers to put their carry ons in the business cabin but told them they had to take out what they needed for the flight and weren't allowed to come forward until landing in London. A few people before they were asked to get their stuff out of the bags started sitting down thinking they had free upgrades but were soon sent packing so to speak. One set of passengers had 2 huge backpacks and the crew member sorting them out said "I have moved house with less" which the passenger compounded by going back and bringing his guitar to put in the overhead as well then asked for an upgrade - no prizes for guessing the answer

Flight left about 10 minutes early and arrived about 15 mins early into LHR.

Thank you ever so much for your help and patience with my endless requests for flight loads.
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I don't hold up much hope going, but can you check

15th May Heathrow to Miami VS5 10.45 am
5th June Miami to Heathrow VS6 5.55pm
Many thanks
Can you check this flight again please, I looked this morning and seems a lot more seats are gone! I am really hoping they cancel it !
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread