Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
We are premium too, which looks pretty busy going out doesn’t it?
We return on 28th and it is full then. I can’t see economy either.
Yes it does look busy. I wondered if economy was full and that was why is not available to book now?
I can’t comprehend them not have an early August flight at all. Providing things are running ok then.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Yes it does look busy. I wondered if economy was full and that was why is not available to book now?
I can’t comprehend them not have an early August flight at all. Providing things are running ok then.
When my 22/05 flight vanished. And my countless comments of sheer anger on these forums. I’m going economy so couldn’t book seats yet. BUT 5 days before they vanished the price was lower than we paid, and I got a bargain (so that annoyed me as well). So 100% in my case it’s not sold out and if you look at the flight timetable it’s clear there is something up and lots of flights vanished at the same time plus I cannot imagine hundreds of flights would have been booked recently given the continued fiasco in the UK which pails into insignificance when you compare what’s happening in the US - who would book a new holiday there ?!?!?
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mkp1974 View Post
When my 22/05 flight vanished. And my countless comments of sheer anger on these forums. I’m going economy so couldn’t book seats yet. BUT 5 days before they vanished the price was lower than we paid, and I got a bargain (so that annoyed me as well). So 100% in my case it’s not sold out and if you look at the flight timetable it’s clear there is something up and lots of flights vanished at the same time plus I cannot imagine hundreds of flights would have been booked recently given the continued fiasco in the UK which pails into insignificance when you compare what’s happening in the US - who would book a new holiday there ?!?!?
That’s very true, I hadn’t thought of it that way.
It is still showing on the Bristol Airport website.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Night-train
Very Serious Dibber

plus I cannot imagine hundreds of flights would have been booked recently given the continued fiasco in the UK which pails into insignificance when you compare what’s happening in the US - who would book a new holiday there ?!?!?
There's a heck of a lot has to happen both here and in the US before so much as a single passenger flight gets the OK to take off. Pains me to say it but I think some folks are being very optimistic about anything pre-Autumn.
Old 6 Jan 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Night-train View Post
There's a heck of a lot has to happen both here and in the US before so much as a single passenger flight gets the OK to take off. Pains me to say it but I think some folks are being very optimistic about anything pre-Autumn.
Couldn’t agree more
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Couldn’t agree more
Sadly, I think you may be right.
Old 7 Jan 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Night-train View Post
Flights still go to the USA every day. Just only for essential travel. Not the kind we want!

I don't think you have to be too optimistic to think this summer will go ahead. They should have vaccinated all of the vulnerable population by then (in both countries) and economies will need kick-starting... My glass is half full on this one assuming the COVID strain doesn't become resistant.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh Lady
First POST

It seems we are being lead a Merry dance!
I have been told again today (was told mid Nov) by Tui that my Wednesday flight from Bristol (23/06/21) is pending cancellation but due to the current pandemic it may not be confirmed until nearer the date! The kind lady also reminded me that my balance was due at the end of March and it would still need to be paid.🤦
Welsh Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Welsh Lady View Post
I have been told again today (was told mid Nov) by Tui that my Wednesday flight from Bristol (23/06/21) is pending cancellation but due to the current pandemic it may not be confirmed until nearer the date! The kind lady also reminded me that my balance was due at the end of March and it would still need to be paid.🤦
It’s the perfect example of how not to treat your customers. I’m sure they will cancel, even if they didn’t, who would want to fly anytime soon! They should be transparent and supportive but they are simply watching their cash flow (mine is still unavailable, not on the flight timetable but it’s still going! Seriously?!)
Old 12 Jan 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Welsh Lady View Post
Well at least they have told you what to expect I guess rather than the standard it’s still scheduled spiel.

Hopefully they will confirm all their plans soon!

As a flight only customer I have lots of other plans I need to cancel so would be really helpful...

Having said that if it’s going, I’m going.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List