Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We could yet see many regretting cancelling for later in the year. I’m booked for August, it’s a package with car hire, so if they can’t get me there, they have to refund me. So I’ll either be going or refunded.

December I’m fully expecting to be there. That was my original return target at the start of Covid.
Old 23 Jan 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We could yet see many regretting cancelling for later in the year. I’m booked for August, it’s a package with car hire, so if they can’t get me there, they have to refund me. So I’ll either be going or refunded.

December I’m fully expecting to be there. That was my original return target at the start of Covid.
What restrictions do you think will be in place?
Quarantine
Negative tests
Vaccinated
Masks
The quarantine is a game changer for us
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
What restrictions do you think will be in place?
Quarantine
Negative tests
Vaccinated
Masks
The quarantine is a game changer for us
Same for us.

I can deal with social distancing, masks, negative tests, vaccines but definitely couldn't go if we had to quarantine there and when coming home.
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Same for us.

I can deal with social distancing, masks, negative tests, vaccines but definitely couldn't go if we had to quarantine there and when coming home.
Looking more likely wonder if it does go ahead how long this would be implemented for?
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Our vacation (DIY) is scheduled for Aug 18 to Sept 02. We will make our final decision around July 18 2021, I.e a month out or even slightly later if circumstances are fluid.

Both my wife and I can cancel our annual leave up until the day.

Flights are with BA (who acted honourably in 2020 and in whom I have confidence). I can cancel and either take a voucher or rebook to a later date whilst paying the difference if any.

Car Hires x 2 are cancellable up to 24 hours before pick up.

All Hotels x 9 are all cancellable with refunds up to 24 hours before occupancy.

We have an internal flight, Burbank- Tucson x 4 pax and in probability we will lose it.

We will buy no attraction tickets (Warner bros and Universal) until late in the day.. if at all.

My $4000 dollars cash will still be $4000 cash and will stay that way.

I see no point in jumping the gun and getting out early, only to regret it later.. so I will hang on in there until late, late.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:14 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Totally agree we also fly aug 17 hopefully! If it happens brilliant and if not well we try again later but 7 months is a long way off
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Isaacsmummy View Post
Totally agree we also fly aug 17 hopefully! If it happens brilliant and if not well we try again later but 7 months is a long way off
Another one going that day!

The discussions we’ve had have been around masks, if planes are going and masks aren’t needed outside we’d be happy to go, otherwise it will be next year.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

I'm in 17 August club too.

If they will let us in and we don't need to quarantine we're going!
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

I'm the same for August. Sat waiting and watching now really as only have Hotels, Villa and Car booked and all are free cancellation by June. The quarantine will change things if it is still running in the summer.

Depends on the policy they take, whether to go all out like New Zealand to get normality at home long term or open corridors again for summer travel.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

We're 3 months away . I'm almost completely sure it will get cancelled. Ocean florida gave us a price to change to next year . Our main sticking point is our Disney tickets , because we had to link to book park days so orlando attraction tickets said nothing they can do , they said I could pay at any ticket booth in the Disney parks the difference in 2021 to 2022 tickets and since found not true