Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

I'm becoming less optimistic by the day.

All countries seem terrified of new variants so I can't see international travel anywhere for many, many months.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

2 weeks ago I was so upbeat about our chances, even for our June trip let alone the September one!
Now I'm not even sure about September with the variants becoming more of an issue
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Don't disagree at all, but they certainly seem spooked by them currently. I'm really hopeful at current rate we'll be back to some normality by early summer. I NEED a holiday! Hopeful... but not very confident though.

Edited at 08:32 PM.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
My current opinion is this (I am not an expert by any means):
Feb, March, April- 0%
May, June- 25% (with restrictions, tests etc so basically not worth it)
July, August- 55% (I think by July our deaths and even USA deaths will have plummeted with at least 3/4 of the population vaccinated in both countries so there is a chance, but probably need a test before flying)
Sept/Oct- 75% (I am still fairly confident you'll be able to travel to US by this point, I doubt you'd have to quarantine on either side but probably still need a test/masks)
Nov/Dec- 90% (Masks and possible testing still needed? But unless there's another variant of COVID which makes cases blow up again (lets hope not) then I can see the borders being open by this point).
This is how we're looking at it too - still hopeful about our Sept/Oct trip as long as we don't need to quarantine on arrival we're not worried about testing, masks and/or other holiday restrictions.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Fingers crossed so much for October! Was meant to be October last year...

I’ve aimed for October again to increase chances of it happening - thought summer was too risky. I go back and forth everyday but it’s nice just to have something to look forward to.

I wouldn’t be able to quarantine. October half term is a fortnight for me and trip planned takes the entire time. I can’t isolate before or quarantine after and I’m not spending a week whatever doing so whilst out there, so that would be the biggest breaker.

Masks I go back and forth with. I wear one all day at work currently. I would be willing to wear one for the flight - it’s more the all day outside in that heat. Putting them on inside I can definitely live with.
The park hours seem to also be longer again. And park hopping (I realise it’s limited) is back. I don’t mind booking parks ahead of time, I can live with that if it means I can go.
Certain entertainment (like some Animal Kingdom shows) are also restarting. I would really love the fireworks to be back and at least one water park open.

This holiday is expensive so certain restrictions aside, I want the perks and magic of Disney to mostly be back in place.

My family and me are aiming for DLP at some point over the summer. We’ve decided well live with the masks and because children don’t have to wear one there my niece and nephew will be fine. We need a Disney fix! And hoping it’s a bit quieter because people don’t want to come with everything not in place.

If I do go in October, and the MNSSHP is back on, I will definitely splash out for it. I wasn’t going to last year but hell, after all this time and misery I’m going for it!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List