Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’m so very sorry to hear about your lovely dog thinking of you. 💕💕xx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Soso sorry 😞 🤗
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

It feels so much worse today. I've been up since 7.45am just sobbing. This is too much to endure 😭
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I am so so sorry. With the lockdown it must be 100 times harder to cope with. Be kind to yourself. Sending you a big hug
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Thinking of you, you have suffered a major, sudden lose. It will take time so be kind to yourself xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Just want to send love and hugs, I can’t imagine the pain you are going threw. I have a nearly six year old dog who has many health issues and I can’t imagine life without her.
Old 24 Jan 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you all for the thoughts and hugs. I've managed to eat a little and I have spent time cuddling with my older dog (he is less of a hugger than Moo and more my sisters dog really). I'm still crying all the time. I've talked with a friend too. This lockdown isn't helping as my friends can't come round. I am supposed to be delivering training tomorrow but I'm going to cancel. I can't put a face on and pretend I am OK. I can do admin stuff instead and I hope work with have some empathy.

I can't have children and so my dogs are my children. I thought I had so much more time with Moo than we had.
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Six days in and the pain is still so overwhelming. I've cried so much the skin under my eyes is starting to peel. I just feel so guilty and ashamed. And I keep thinking of little things, little signs that I clocked but did nothing about. In December my dogs tummy got bigger but then seemed to return to normal, he had diarrhoea on one occasion so I put it down to that and bloating. His tummy started to gurgle at night, for about 15 minutes each time. Now I'm thinking that was a sign. In early January his tummy and sides looked bigger but I thought it was because we'd not been able to get out as much. And he started being fussy with his food, he'd eat it eventually but needed encouragement. I just thought he didn't like it, he'd done that before, about two years ago, we ended up changing his kibble. It was only last week when he didn't want to run anymore, and his eyes looked a bit yellow, that I contacted the vet, but because his behaviour was otherwise normal, he wasn't being sick, he was eating and drinking, he was pooing ok that I didn't book an emergency appointment, instead it was four days. I was also hesitant to go because of my risk factors and covid. My poor boy relied on me to take care of him and I let him down.
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by klairbear View Post
Six days in and the pain is still so overwhelming. I've cried so much the skin under my eyes is starting to peel. I just feel so guilty and ashamed. And I keep thinking of little things, little signs that I clocked but did nothing about. In December my dogs tummy got bigger but then seemed to return to normal, he had diarrhoea on one occasion so I put it down to that and bloating. His tummy started to gurgle at night, for about 15 minutes each time. Now I'm thinking that was a sign. In early January his tummy and sides looked bigger but I thought it was because we'd not been able to get out as much. And he started being fussy with his food, he'd eat it eventually but needed encouragement. I just thought he didn't like it, he'd done that before, about two years ago, we ended up changing his kibble. It was only last week when he didn't want to run anymore, and his eyes looked a bit yellow, that I contacted the vet, but because his behaviour was otherwise normal, he wasn't being sick, he was eating and drinking, he was pooing ok that I didn't book an emergency appointment, instead it was four days. I was also hesitant to go because of my risk factors and covid. My poor boy relied on me to take care of him and I let him down.
You really really didn't let him down and if he was still eating he didn't feel that bad. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

You did not let him down, there is no way you could have known he was so poorly.

Please be kind to yourself, you’ve had a terrible shock.

Sending love x

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List