Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jan 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I prefer calorie counting too, I find SW to be a bit outdated. Low fat, higher sugar. My MIL and SIL do it, they think a muller light yoghurt is a good snack, and avocado and olive oil are the devil...
I don’t think it works well for afterwards either. As you are encouraged to never be hungry, I don’t think that encourages eating to your needs after. There is nothing wrong with being hungry occasionally and waiting til you get home to eat etc.
I calorie count using the MyFitnessPal app, but also try to intermittent fast as much as I can. I roughly do 16:8 so I try to go 16 hours between dinner, and lunch.
I skip breakfast to allow this, and it just helps to have some more calories for dinner as I hate going to bed hungry

Edited at 11:32 AM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twogoto View Post
I’m doing calorie counting through team rh - look them up on Facebook, the videos are excellent x
Me too, after a recommendation on here. Been doing it for 3 weeks, I’m eating the things I like and losing weight. Loving it.

I used to do WW when it was pro points but became disillusioned with when it all changed and kept changing. I’m really happy with the Team RH way.
Old 24 Jan 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Calorie counting is a no from me - I do WW and get on really well with it. I can’t do anting that feels like a diet.

I know what the PP says about it changing, but it’s not changed points wise in years now and the plan I do is very very similar to pro points (when I changed I was livid and left! ).

I’ve lost 11.5lbs in 2 weeks weigh in 3 tomorrow
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I find the MyFitnessPal App really works when wanting to cut calories. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Calories in v calories out. Learning about what foods contain what

Education is the key. Personally speaking I dislike WW and SW immensely but I can also appreciate that dieting is such a personal preference but they're not for me

In/ out/ expenditure IE exercise

Fellow TRH HERE too.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Calorie counting for me.

I've tried every diet you can think of but I feel really comfortable calorie counting!
Old 24 Jan 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Originally Posted by tinkerbell5 View Post
How often do you do the fasting please? I struggle with exercise at the moment, I love it but with 2 children, 12 hour shifts and school work I am just not finding the time. X
Daily...but I’ve never really eaten breakfast anyway.

I eat a good meal in the evening at around 5-6pm and then a small lunch at about 1-2pm with fruit and fresh veggies.

That means daily I fast for about 19 to 20 hours.

Personally I don’t notice it.

I forgot to mention, that I work full time and am also have my DS at home who’s in his GCSE year, so it is tough...

But I plan/ prep a lot in advance. So the night before I get lunch ready, maybe some whole grain rice with vegetables and chicken mixed in. About a mug full-size.

Dinner might be meatballs and spaghetti with fruit salad...anything I feel like as long as I’ve calorie counted it (which eventually you do easily).

If I feel I need a treat, I can serve myself less pasta and meat and have a Twix or something.

If I can’t be ≈≈≈≈≈ to cook, I buy 2 M&S pizzas (one for me and DH and the other for DS). I load them with extra veggies and 10 mins later voila!

It’s flexible and can be lazy if I need it to be. I do try to include at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day and a little dairy...don’t want any deficiencies.
Xx

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm doing really well on SW. Finding the virtual groups good and the scanner is a fab tool.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by borntoshop View Post
I'm doing really well on SW. Finding the virtual groups good and the scanner is a fab tool.
It’s made a huge difference hasn’t it. I love it
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I wanted to lose weight for years but never managed to lose weight until I discovered calories in vs calories out in 2019 - lost over 2 stone that year and got down to a healthy BMI! (I did gain a few pounds back in 2020 though...)

I don't count calories strictly, but I am aware of approximately how many calories there are in food and how many calories I might be burning through exercise.

Reducing food calories - mainly taking smaller portions, or substituting lower calorie stuff. I still enjoy fast food, chocolate, ice cream, just in more reasonable portions! And I don't feel obliged to finish all the food on my plate - if I'm no longer enjoying the food, it doesn't make sense to keep eating (and then having more calories to burn off).

Burning more calories - I do things like take the stairs instead of the lift (this really adds up) and walking a slightly longer but more enjoyable route to get to work. I also run/walk quite a lot which burns a lot of calories...

One more thing that did help me was getting a wifi weighing scale and weighing myself daily. This helped keep me accountable and means that when my weight starts going up I adjust my behaviour accordingly. The fact that it is wifi and syncs to my phone automatically means that I don't pay too much attention to any one weight but pay more attention to trends. I know this doesn't work for everyone though but this really did work extremely well for me!