Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

No. We're lucky that like you we have the boat that we can get away on at the weekends.

We'll be playing it by ear, unusual year for us anyway with DS either going to Uni, joining the Navy or off for a gap year so we wouldn't have booked a summer holiday this year until we knew exactly what he was doing and when anyway.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have a week booked in Dorset end of March for our anniversary but think it will be cancelled.

Another week in Devon in June. And if honest don't think that will go ahead either!

Shame as we have annual passes for Paignton zoo and Eden project and really enjoyed both last year!
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We wouldn’t book a holiday, we might book a little break. But not a holiday.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
No. We're lucky that like you we have the boat that we can get away on at the weekends.

We'll be playing it by ear, unusual year for us anyway with DS either going to Uni, joining the Navy or off for a gap year so we wouldn't have booked a summer holiday this year until we knew exactly what he was doing and when anyway.
And make sure you and hubby do a Thames trip this year because me and Mrs MH want to meet your beautiful doggy (we're not so bothered about meeting you or hubby).

Good look for your son joining the navy or going to uni.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

A week in Weymouth in a Haven caravan, really looking forward to it.
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Summer booked California, Christmas Florida.

Backup for summer hotel in Lanzarote.

Second backup for summer, houses in Cotswold and Devon booked.

All refundable of course. I fully expect to get to UK, to suggest otherwise would be daft given all adults would have the vaccine by then and there will be virtually no hospitalisations or deaths at all. It will be significantly more risky me driving to Devon at that point than getting ill from covid.

I’m hoping for US- depends how long they keep borders closed for.
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

We have our plan A holiday which is Miami, Florida Keys and cruise in August, rescheduled from last year, however I feel thats 75% not likely to happen, so we also have a plan B which is a week in Penzance, Cornwall where I was born and grew up, although sadly no family left there anymore. Coastal walks and ice creams by the seaside will be lovely, as we will have our adult children with us (22 & 23) and our daughter has worked 12 hour days in a Covid testing lab since the middle of last year so we haven seen much of her apart from Christmas Day (she lives 60 miles away). I really hope that we are able to travel around the UK by then, I feel optimistic we will be.

Edited at 11:29 AM.
TinkerBabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've got some lovely memories of going to Haven sites as a child. We'd go for a week or 2 most summers and whilst we wouldn't go to watch the entertainment in the evening, we'd spend all day on the beach, climbing frames, eat outside and go and visit castles and little towns. Even sitting in the caravan listening to the rain was an adventure.

Don't get me wrong, I love an overseas holiday but I wouldn't rule out a week somewhere in this country and would still call it a holiday. I think some people look at a UK holiday like some (strange) people look at a Disney holiday!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I have been looking at Brighton but everything so expensive plus im not sure where to stay
We are the same really - we've booked the Holiday Inn Brighton Sea Front, which says is a short walk to the Pier. To be honest we dont mind a walk and you like to think with a Holiday Inn you kind of know what you will get. But as I say it has doubled in cost from when we booked last year as a back up. Looking increasingly likely we will end up using it.

Were from up North so Brighton is completely new to us. never done it before but we did Whitby last year and loved it so hoping if we need to do UK again, it will be a nice place.
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Yesterday I pulled together a short-list on AirBnB of houses in Cornwall for August that matched my criteria...

- Pool (or 24/7 access to shared pool)
- Dog-friendly
- Fully-flexible cancellation (can cancel 24 hours before arrival and pay nothing)

...as I'm not that optimistic we'll be on our booked flight across the Atlantic will have us on it.

I'll make a booking in the very near future, as I suspect there will be a flood of people trying to do similar in the not-too-distant future.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List