Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jan 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandonewbie View Post
Hi we have free DDP I’m planning to upgrade my 6yo because I’m concerned that between his allergies and the limited kids menus he is going to end up with chicken tenders twice a day for a week! The adult allergy menus look a lot more interesting but will be far too much food.
We are 2 adults and 3 children 11/10/6. I plan to share qs meals but my question is can we share TS meals? We just won’t need 5 adults meals. We don’t check in to Disney immediately from our flight so we have 7 full days and 6 nights of dining plan credits - is like to spread them out if possible.
You can share as long as it’s not a buffet or family style meal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Brilliant thank you for the quick reply.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by orlandonewbie View Post
Hi we have free DDP I’m planning to upgrade my 6yo because I’m concerned that between his allergies and the limited kids menus he is going to end up with chicken tenders twice a day for a week! The adult allergy menus look a lot more interesting but will be far too much food.
We are 2 adults and 3 children 11/10/6. I plan to share qs meals but my question is can we share TS meals? We just won’t need 5 adults meals. We don’t check in to Disney immediately from our flight so we have 7 full days and 6 nights of dining plan credits - is like to spread them out if possible.
I have exactly the same dilemma, our DS has cows milk protein allergy and after previous trips we know all too well the limited allergy options on the kids menu. Several times he ended up with an adult meal for the sake of variety if nothing else.

At the moment I'm on the fence about how this is going to play out but I may just end up paying the £20 top up even if its just for my own peace of mind.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

Can someone tell me how people are finding the new separation of the QS credits? We have always just bought adult meals as our DD is adventurous and to be honest not many of the kids QS look that appetising. If we can no longer do this it would change how we plan
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I've updated the first post with 2021 prices. I'll update again if/when free dining is released with upgrade prices and with DDP plus prices once they show on the UK site. I'd rather not complicate things with US prices.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
colzo100
Excited about Disney

Thanks, Having never done the dining plans but looking to this is one of the most useful posts on the DIBB. Thanks
colzo100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by colzo100 View Post
Thanks, Having never done the dining plans but looking to this is one of the most useful posts on the DIBB. Thanks
You’re welcome! Glad it’s been helpful.

Trip Report Index
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Have snacks on QS and TS been severely restricted?!

Hi all

Just read this under the dining plan offerings page when researching 2021 hols:

"Snack is a choice of ONE of the following: medium fountain soft drink, one 20oz bottle of soft drink or water, 12oz coffee or hot chocolate or hot tea, single serving pre packed milk or juice, one popcorn scoop (single serving box), one frozen ice cream novelty or piece of fruit at selected locations."

I don't recall it being so specific before, though I've never booked a plan before so can't bs sure - has this changed?

Thanks in advance
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
Hi all

Just read this under the dining plan offerings page when researching 2021 hols:

"Snack is a choice of ONE of the following: medium fountain soft drink, one 20oz bottle of soft drink or water, 12oz coffee or hot chocolate or hot tea, single serving pre packed milk or juice, one popcorn scoop (single serving box), one frozen ice cream novelty or piece of fruit at selected locations."

I don't recall it being so specific before, though I've never booked a plan before so can't bs sure - has this changed?

Thanks in advance
No I think it’s always said that.

Trip Report Index
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
No I think it’s always said that.
Phew - thanks for that!