Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Jan 20, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Haven't seen a blue custom form for about 2 years even though Virgins video forvlanding in October last year said it tone filled in caused a right to do with some first timers on the flight cabin crew were useless with reassurance
If I arrive really late at MCO I nip into McDonalds in the food court and buy a coffee and a carton of milk so I have milk for my tea and porridge innthe morning at the villa ( the wine and pretzel rods and bottled water and my pjs and our bed linen are packed at the front of our owners closet from our last visit) but we've been in our local Walmart with all the other zBrits at 5am the first morning believe me
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by huntmj View Post
Just remember to tick the right box on the blue customs form and you'll be fine
Hiya MJ, whilst F6059b customs declaration was due to be obsolete by 2016 years end, apparently some airports form requested up to 2018. The IO usually asks what you're importing
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya MJ, whilst F6059b customs declaration was due to be obsolete by 2016 years end, apparently some airports form requested up to 2018. The IO usually asks what you're importing
As you say bonny lass we haven't seen a customs form going into MCO for over two years and the automated kiosks disappeared sometime in 2018.

There's no official procedure to declare food now unless the IO specifically asks. They have asked us a few times but nothing said at all last November.

Mick

Edited at 10:35 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As you say bonny lass we haven't seen a customs form going into MCO for over two years and the automated kiosks disappeared sometime in 2018.

There's no official procedure to declare food now unless the IO specifically asks. They have asked us a few times but nothing said at all last November.

Mick
Hiya Gadgey Mick, we noticed Atlanta kiosk lights all on, but nobody home, Nov 2018, most odd looking out at an empty bank of kiosks. When we arrived last Nov I think they'd all been removed as I don't remember seeing them.

We weren't asked re food imports last Nov Gadgey, and come to think of it I believe that may be the first time our suitcase wasn't opened since we began long stay in 2011, but I have been asleep since 12th Nov so can't be sure
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Interesting discussion about Bisto... I understand if you live in the US and need some home-comforts. Other than that scenario, I am struggling to think why someone on holiday would need Bisto?
Am I doing this wrong? Do some people cook full Sunday roasts when away in Florida?

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
Interesting discussion about Bisto... I understand if you live in the US and need some home-comforts. Other than that scenario, I am struggling to think why someone on holiday would need Bisto?
Am I doing this wrong? Do some people cook full Sunday roasts when away in Florida?
Hiya CT, we're long stay winter snowbirds, we don't eat out (perhaps twice at Ft Myers Sweet Tomatoes). I'm happy to cook and yes, use Bisto I use my slo-cooker a lot for mince, cubed steak, chicken et al. Eating out is expensive with, we find, mediocre food, home cooked dinners are far nicer. Tonight is mince and onion, roast tatties, mashed swede, glazed carrots and broccoli, lovely
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We always take coffee.
As for the blue forms we were told a couple of years ago that they are not used anymore, then last year they gave them to us at check-in - very strange.
Depending how close you are to a Walmart etc I would drop the cases off and just have the driver go and get essentials, you will also be awake very early the next morning so you could just go then
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
We always take coffee.
As for the blue forms we were told a couple of years ago that they are not used anymore, then last year they gave them to us at check-in - very strange.
Depending how close you are to a Walmart etc I would drop the cases off and just have the driver go and get essentials, you will also be awake very early the next morning so you could just go then
Rob
Hi Rob, whilst you were given the form did the IO want it? As I had a few at home I used to carry a completed F6059b 'just in case'. Last Nov I didn't bother and binned off the remaining couple.