Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jan 20, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile 10 year old ordering from kids menus

I know Disney has kids as up to age 9 so just wanting to check what types of places would enforce that.

I know for buffets she’d be an adult but would this apply anywhere else?

I’m hoping to book the new character breakfast at Topolino but looking at the menu I think she’ll just what to order a kids meal, I know they’d let us order whatever we wanted but would we be charged adult or kid prices somewhere like that?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Unless it is a buffet or family style all you can eat you won't have a problem ordering (or paying for) a kids meal. Are there different prices for different meals at Topolino? If there are you don't need to worry.
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Unless it is a buffet or family style all you can eat you won't have a problem ordering (or paying for) a kids meal. Are there different prices for different meals at Topolino? If there are you don't need to worry.
It looks like it’s a set price with a selection of pastries and choice of entree, similar to trattoria at Boardwalk.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

My 14, 13 and 12 years old ate off the kids menus on some evenings this Christmas in both regular table service and signatures, they don't bat an eyelid, albeit to say sometimes the portions can be quite small. At Toplinos for breakfast it is one price for all. :-)

Edited at 10:12 AM.
Jaspercat10 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Character meals/buffet and dinner shows you will be charged as an adult as you are paying for the experience so Topolinos I would assume will be an adult charge as its a character meal.

Are you on the dining plan or paying oop?
If you are on the dining plan you can usually request an adult portion of a kids meal

Most other Ts places you can get a child's meal instead if you want which can be a lot cheaper if paying oop

Disney have been making some changes to the dining like enforcing the use of child credits on the dining plan and at some point ordering kids meals of over 9's may not be allowed but at the moment it is not a problem.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
my 14, 13 and 12 years old ate of the kids menus on some evenings,this Christmas they don't bat an eyelid, albeit to say some times the portions can be quite small at toplinos it is one price for all. :-)
The evening menu is a la carte, so you would pay according to what you decide to order.

However the breakfast is fixed price like a buffet and will be $24 for 3-9 year olds and $41 for everyone else.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
The evening menu is a la carte, so you would pay according to what you decide to order.

However the breakfast is fixed price like a buffet and will be $24 for 3-9 year olds and $41 for everyone else.
Sorry poor grammar that will teach me to post before coffee x
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post

I thought that might be the case.

I might see if they’ll do an adult portion of a child’s option for her. She’s not really fussy but the things she’d have off the adults menu all have bits she’d remove which seems a waste.
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
Character meals/buffet and dinner shows you will be charged as an adult as you are paying for the experience so Topolinos I would assume will be an adult charge as its a character meal.

Are you on the dining plan or paying oop?
If you are on the dining plan you can usually request an adult portion of a kids meal

Most other Ts places you can get a child's meal instead if you want which can be a lot cheaper if paying oop

Disney have been making some changes to the dining like enforcing the use of child credits on the dining plan and at some point ordering kids meals of over 9's may not be allowed but at the moment it is not a problem.
No ddp but ap discount will take a little off the cost.