Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jan 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
donnyette
Gone all Goofy

free disney dining

Hello dibbers.
Looking to return to wdw next feb for a week with my daughter before she goes to university.
She wants to stay onsite at POFQ.
Does anyone know if the free qsdp is offered in february? This would be a major factor of when we go.
If we needed to push it back to say june/july to be able to get the dining plan, would there be much difference in cost between going in feb and the summer?
donnyette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It normally is so if there is free dining I’d expect it to include February. There’s lots of speculation that any offer will be much more limited next year with it being the 50th anniversary though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by donnyette View Post
Hello dibbers.
Looking to return to wdw next feb for a week with my daughter before she goes to university.
She wants to stay onsite at POFQ.
Does anyone know if the free qsdp is offered in february? This would be a major factor of when we go.
If we needed to push it back to say june/july to be able to get the dining plan, would there be much difference in cost between going in feb and the summer?
I have never known February to be excluded from free dining, so yes if there is an offer I would think it would be included.

It used to be just Easter and December that were excluded. Last year it was Easter and early October to December excluded. Also some hotels were excluded last year and some room types in other hotels.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

one factor will be plane tickets

airfares will be significantly more expensive if you go in june/july than if you go in feb

price up airfares for next june/july around the date you could plan for next year, and get a rough figure, then before the free dining in released in april (or so we mostly assume) you'll already be able to price up for next february

it might help you decide based on the cost factor

hotels will also be more expensive in the summer.

you may want to avoid going the week between feb 13 and feb 20, attendance will be higher then
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma768
Gone all Goofy

Free dining pricing

Hey all,
Sorry to jump in on the post but could I pick your brains?
I am looking to go in July 2021-it will be our 5th time but only the second onsite. I know I can't get an accurate price right now because free dining hasn't been released but can I guesstimate? For example price up CB with DDP and then maybe subtract half of what the DDP is said to cost normally ( as i know I will have to upgrade to get the DDP here rather that the QSP) Does this make any sense whatsoever? Possibly not...
Emma768 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emma768 View Post
Hey all,
Sorry to jump in on the post but could I pick your brains?
I am looking to go in July 2021-it will be our 5th time but only the second onsite. I know I can't get an accurate price right now because free dining hasn't been released but can I guesstimate? For example price up CB with DDP and then maybe subtract half of what the DDP is said to cost normally ( as i know I will have to upgrade to get the DDP here rather that the QSP) Does this make any sense whatsoever? Possibly not...
in my experience and opinion, what you're suggesting is "dangerous" ( )
the reason I say that is because if you guesstimate on the short side, you may build up expectations and plans that could be thrown off by next years prices when free dining is released

basically, you're trying to jump the gun and guesstimate affordability (we all are tempted to)

To be honest, and as far as I'm humbly concerned, I would not try to estimate things I have no control over.
A few weeks will go by fast enough. And I'd rather wait and plan with set numbers, than having to rework all my plans when I realise it's more than what I expected or was okay to pay for.

that's just an opinion though
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma768
Gone all Goofy

Ahh thank you but I am not overly restricted-just want a rough idea-in the ballpark. I do like to play around with numbers from early out but if it ends up being what it is now without free dining and actually paying for the plan then it is still doable. I am just a bit impatient like that. Thank you for your reply :-)
Emma768 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Emma768 View Post
Ahh thank you but I am not overly restricted-just want a rough idea-in the ballpark. I do like to play around with numbers from early out but if it ends up being what it is now without free dining and actually paying for the plan then it is still doable. I am just a bit impatient like that. Thank you for your reply :-)
I find Disney prices all over the place. Maybe you could take some very broad assumption, a value might be £100-£150, a moderate £160-£250, a deluxe £375 up. But I do ten to think the best thing to do is just wait and find out what it actually is.

I couldn’t follow your logic in pricing up with DDP but then subtracting half of it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma768
Gone all Goofy

Well at the moment the dining plan isn't free so I can add it manually and it costs approx. £1500 to add the DDP to Caribbean beach. Logically the holiday should be £1500 cheaper when (if) it then becomes free in April. We all know it won't because it isn't completely free! Also i like to upgrade from the QSDP to the DDP so will have to pay extra. So i know that it isn't simply the case of removing the total amount but realistically I could remove £500ish based on what I paid in 2018 when i stayed at PORS with DDP. I am just spitballing at the moment and seeing what other people think-gathering ideas and opinions. So if you don't follow it's cool, no worries.

Edited at 11:33 AM.