Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A quick update on my claim. Barclaycard are still adamant that they are only paying out difference for myself and husband, as my immediate family. I did laugh and say my son would be upset that he is no longer my immediate family. As I was on the phone with them I was filling out the form to Financial Ombudsman. This was either Thursday or Friday in the New Year. I had an email from the Financial Ombudsman to say that they are experiencing large volumes of forms, so there would be a delay in assigning someone. As long as they have my stuff I don't mind waiting. It sounds like a lot of people aren't having success through cc companies.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
A quick update on my claim. Barclaycard are still adamant that they are only paying out difference for myself and husband, as my immediate family. I did laugh and say my son would be upset that he is no longer my immediate family. As I was on the phone with them I was filling out the form to Financial Ombudsman. This was either Thursday or Friday in the New Year. I had an email from the Financial Ombudsman to say that they are experiencing large volumes of forms, so there would be a delay in assigning someone. As long as they have my stuff I don't mind waiting. It sounds like a lot of people aren't having success through cc companies.
That’s very strange as they paid for all my immediate family. 5 of us in total.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by antheve View Post
That’s very strange as they paid for all my immediate family. 5 of us in total.
I paid for myself, husband, son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. They are adamant that only my husband is immediate family.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I paid for myself, husband, son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. They are adamant that only my husband is immediate family.
Me, wife, daughter, son, step daughter and niece.
Only one they wouldn’t cover was my niece.
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

It's clearly a lot of rubbish. Everyone is covered. Go to the financial ombusmen
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Me, wife, daughter, son, step daughter and niece.
Only one they wouldn’t cover was my niece.
They haven't paid me anything yet! They told me on the phone that they would only pay out once I had sent the form back that was with the letter that they had sent out, this was supposedly sent on 18th/19th December and I still haven't received it.
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
It's clearly a lot of rubbish. Everyone is covered. Go to the financial ombusmen
I sent off the online form once I had put the phone down. It seems that the Financial Ombudsman has been inundated with people disputing what they have been told by cc/dc companies, as I am still waiting to have someone assigned to my case.
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Mobile

They haven't paid me anything yet! They told me on the phone that they would only pay out once I had sent the form back that was with the letter that they had sent out, this was supposedly sent on 18th/19th December and I still haven't received it.
I used the form that you print off online and sent a covering letter. All paid up.
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I used the form that you print off online and sent a covering letter. All paid up.
They have all my paperwork, just sent me a letter with a form to accept what they're offering as I had my claim escalated due to me disputing the amount.
Old 16 Jan 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fudge23
Earning More Ears

Just come home to a lovely surprise with a letter from BarclayCard paying out my consequential loss claim for £980.08. Checked my account and it has been paid in. This was for 4 people my husband, son, grandparent and myself. This claim was sent in the post on 22 November so it has taken too much time to resolve.