Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Jan 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sunny days View Post
Thanks for that 👍🏻 So hanging the VTP on the rear view mirror is all we have to do then? 😉
That's all you need to do. We actually put ours in the glove box if we weren't heading anywhere near a toll road.

The important thing to remember is to hand it back at MCO or risk a $10 "fine". You'll very soon get an email with your final account.

Mick
Old 25 Jan 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinKing
Trying for More Ears

And, just in case anyone is using the Alamo scheme rather than VTP, am I correct in understanding that you don’t even have to mention it to Alamo when you collect the car? I.e. it’s it’s included automatically so if a toll is charged to Alamo during your rental they just charge you a few months later (as per the recent thread)?

Just wanted to check they don’t sting you if you don’t tel them you’re using their toll service.
Old 25 Jan 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by PumpkinKing View Post
And, just in case anyone is using the Alamo scheme rather than VTP, am I correct in understanding that you don’t even have to mention it to Alamo when you collect the car? I.e. it’s it’s included automatically so if a toll is charged to Alamo during your rental they just charge you a few months later (as per the recent thread)?

Just wanted to check they don’t sting you if you don’t tel them you’re using their toll service.
Absolutely correct. Alamo (unlike Dollar) don't have their own toll service. It's simply the Sunpass scheme.

No need to say anything at the Alamo barrier. However in my experience the charges will hit your account a bit quicker than "a few months". In my experience between 4 and 6 weeks after returning but frequently over two statements.

Mick
Old 25 Jan 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PumpkinKing View Post
Thanks Mick and George, great to know they've chosen a nice resort, sounds like I'll pick the 417 and 192 maybe...
For Disney from Crystal Cove we found Osceola Pkwy much quicker. The traffic lights on the 417 & 192 are horrendous at peak times. We go in August & stay usually at Bella vida which isn't far from Crystal Cove... using the 192/417 can easily add 20/30 minutes onto your journey.
Old 25 Jan 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by supermumof3 View Post
For Disney from Crystal Cove we found Osceola Pkwy much quicker. The traffic lights on the 417 & 192 are horrendous at peak times. We go in August & stay usually at Bella vida which isn't far from Crystal Cove... using the 192/417 can easily add 20/30 minutes onto your journey.
Agree that the Osceola Parkway is a much better east/west route than the 192 because of all the traffic lights on the latter. But I've never seen any traffic lights on the 417 toll road. We use it regularly from MCO to Highgate leaving at either j3 for the Osceola or j2 for the 192.

Mick
Old 25 Jan 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Apologies... I meant the traffic lights on the 192. From Crystal Cove area Osceola is easier to join from N Ponciana Blvd than joining the 417.
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooky
Getting Excited

Mobile

We picked up a full size SUV last night (Alamo via DFCH)
After a delay collecting baggage on A side we popped to the garage to be presented with approx 3 Full size SUV - 2 armada and one I can’t recall what,
Knowing the B side exit was actually better for us anyway, we popped over there and the Alamo staff were great and gave us a full size Expedition Max - full leather / sat nav etc.
Straight out the garage and down to Highlands Reserve in no time.
Spooky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooky
Getting Excited

Mobile

We drove via the 417 and off at celebration down the 192, only as I am familiar and comfortable with 192 and at 8:30pm I didn’t want to deal the the i4 after a long day!
Spooky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
We drove via the 417 and off at celebration down the 192, only as I am familiar and comfortable with 192 and at 8:30pm I didn’t want to deal the the i4 after a long day!
We used to regularly leave the 417 at j2 Celebration to see how many more restaurants had been built on the 192.

Now we tend to leave at j3 on the Osceola and use Sherberth, Formosa Gardens Bvd and Funie Steed Road to get to Highgate.

Never ever use the 528 north/I-4 route.

Mick
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny days
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
We picked up a full size SUV last night (Alamo via DFCH)
After a delay collecting baggage on A side we popped to the garage to be presented with approx 3 Full size SUV - 2 armada and one I can’t recall what,
Knowing the B side exit was actually better for us anyway, we popped over there and the Alamo staff were great and gave us a full size Expedition Max - full leather / sat nav etc.
Straight out the garage and down to Highlands Reserve in no time.
Hi is it quite easy to walk from A to B? How long does it take? We are arriving around 7pm and I’m worried there won’t be a lot left for us to chose from so the option of the other garage would be good 😉