Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Jun 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I had a wonderful day there last September and am going back again this September. My favourite part was an add-on called SeaVenture - you walk under water among the fish wearing a helmet with a breathing tube coming out of it. It's an amazing experience and I'm doing it again this year too.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are keen on the whole photo package it may be worth looking at the elite package where you get a private cabana as this includes all the full photo package. It's not cheap but it's fab if you want to treat yourselves to some luxury.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
With rain the dolphin swim continues but if there is lightning then it will be postponed. If there is no longer enough time left to reschedule the swim they will rebook you a free day up to 2 years later.
Thanks for that info, that’s very reassuring. And if we can’t reshedule I suppose it will have to be our excuse to go back to Orlando

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I had a wonderful day there last September and am going back again this September. My favourite part was an add-on called SeaVenture - you walk under water among the fish wearing a helmet with a breathing tube coming out of it. It's an amazing experience and I'm doing it again this year too.
Just had a look at seaventure and it looks great but I’m weary of overbooking ourselves, I want us to have some time to relax as well. We will definitely be doing the dolphin swim and I’m about to look into how much the massages are.

Also with the day beds, they look great but has anyone had any experience with hiring them? Just saw in a tracker video and where the ones they showed where looked a bit isolated and they didn’t seem to have a view of anything. Are they definitely better then normal sunbeds- location and comfort wise?

Thanks for everyone’s help so far!

dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Following on from that, I actually can’t find the massages on the discovery cove website, only mentions of them on blogging sites. Are they still offering these?

Old 16 Jun 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn't use a bed of any sort. I was on the go the whole time apart when I was eating and drinking and being on the go there is very relaxing. Did the dolphin swim, SeaVenture and all the other stuff. I don't like sunbathing anyway.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
$210 for the full photo package (for all of your party).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I didn't use a bed of any sort. I was on the go the whole time apart when I was eating and drinking and being on the go there is very relaxing. Did the dolphin swim, SeaVenture and all the other stuff. I don't like sunbathing anyway.
We probably will want to sunbathe and relax at least a bit, seeing as most of our days are going to be on the go. There also seems to be a lot to just explore and I don’t want us to miss out on any of it. I think if we decide to go back next time we’d do the sea venture that time and miss the dolphin encounter.

Old 16 Jun 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn't realise you couldn't change the date if you didn't book directly with them! 😭
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
We probably will want to sunbathe and relax at least a bit, seeing as most of our days are going to be on the go. There also seems to be a lot to just explore and I don’t want us to miss out on any of it. I think if we decide to go back next time we’d do the sea venture that time and miss the dolphin encounter.
My days are going to be on the go too. DC is my relax day. But everyone's view of what is relaxing is different. I love splashing around in the water there when I'm not exploring. I find that more relaxing than lying on a sun bed.