Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Sep 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Think I might be allergic to my rabbits

I have had rabbits previously, and have just bought two little bunnies and have been cuddling them every night. They're the same breed as previously bunnies and never had a problem. But the last few times I've given them a cuddle, my eyes have become incredibly itchy and red and think I may now be allergic . Any recommendations as to what I could take to alleviate the symptoms?
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Giving the rabbits away would be best, your symptoms may get worse.

But if you wish to keep the rabbits, anti-histamines, you can get them at the supermarket or chemist.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Piriton.

I have rats, a dog and ride my friends horses. I’m allergic to all of them 😂. You should eventually get used to them, when we got the new pup I was a mess but I’m fine with him now. The rats I’m okay with until they bring their claws out.

Horses, still a no go without piriton. Again I got used to my boy when I had him, but now I only ride weekley/fortnightly I definitely need piriton!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

I definitely can't get rid of them, they're already part of the family. I will give piriton/anti-histamines a go and see it they alleviate the itchy eyes. Thank you
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

what bedding are you using?are where are you keeping them? dust/bacteria in straw/hay/sawdust type bedding can cause allergy type symptoms.

We had indoors rabbits and I developed allergy symptoms eventually we had to move them outdoors but my symptoms went away and we were able to keep them.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

We keep them outside and use timothy hay. I don't have any issues when cleaning them out, just when cuddling them
Old 30 Sep 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Im allergic to my cats but I take a antihistamine daily and get no symptoms.
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

I'm allergic to my rabbit and I've had her 7 years. I shower after fussing her and take an allergy pill
Old 30 Sep 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

My rabbits don’t like being cuddled but the fur goes everywhere anyway. I think you will get sensitised to them as time goes on.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List