Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jul 14, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NikkiT View Post
Thanks so much for these updates can you give me a bit more info on the ride itself?

I cannot do rollercoasters and Big Thunder/Seven Dwarfs are my limit! But strangely I do love FJ!

When we were there last month a CM said it was a rollercoaster like the Mummy but with screens like FJ which has put me off from riding.

What is your opinion Bondy?

Thanks Nikki
I am reluctant to give more info about the ride,dont want to spoil it, but I promise you it will be ok for you,if you go by this, high, medium and low, for me it just scrapes into the medium range,someone else before going on commented the word roller coaster,strange, but I did not find this,i found fj really difficult to deal with, this new one,basically is no where as stressfull to deal with,still,brilliant etc etc,but on a stress level out of 10=fj is 10 for me, this one, 6/10, so you will be fine,when I se ds later, I will ask him what he thinks and post again, do not worry,you will love it,bondy guarantees it, bondy. p.s. massive storm here at present.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Hi Bondy, thanks for the update.

Can I ask how busy the rest of the park is and what the queues are like for other rides? Staying onsite, arrive next Thursday, so have folp's.
Old 9 Jul 14, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Hi Bondy, thanks for the update.

Can I ask how busy the rest of the park is and what the queues are like for other rides? Staying onsite, arrive next Thursday, so have folp's.
both parks, elsewhere rammed,simple as,though from what I hear the train from ioa to universal is very accessible,but I haven't done that either way as yet,thank god for this 4 letter word(FOTL)believe you me with that ,jobs a real belter, regards, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Mobile

So do resort guests get early entry to diagonal alley before the park opens? Not sure what privileges resort guests get? Thanks

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Thanks for the updates BondyLad. We are at RPR for 4 nights from 19/08/14. And I'm hoping it's slightly lessened by then. Even though I know it will still be very very busy!
Old 9 Jul 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Here now and saved the 4th day of our pass to maybe go back for the gringotts ride. Done the rest of the park during our stay at Portofino so don't mind not having FOLP.

Will keep close eye on wait times whether to go or not

Would love to ride Gringotts though
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dilsy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
hi. I am getting ds to write this so it wont look like its me,but it is, Went back again last night- the first important thing issue is if you are not a hotel guest you must obtain a time ticket from the machines which are situated immediately past MIB on the right-hand side. This will give you a time to enter DA(not Gringotts) eg if you are 6 in your party only 1 has to get ticket. If you are a hotel guest I guess this system will not be in place for you and you could just walk straight in? On entering DA which is situated immediately between Kings Cross and the Wyndham, you arrive at the top of DA- you need to head for Gringotts which is situated at the far end of DA on the right(it has the huge dragon on top and is unmissable). You enter Gringotts but all infact is that you do is walk along the side of it and out the rear of the building. Then you are met with a maze of aisles. At this point you could possibly have an idea of how long you have to wait as the maze of aisles are in the open air and are then also under a covered part. If you continue to walk up and down these aisles that is the best scenario. If you are immediately met by standing and static movement- think at least 4-5 hours from that point. Eventually you gain a single line to enter Gringotts Bank. Unlike previous footage, Gringotts Bank is now cordoned off with aisles which is incredibly slow moving- but is a spectacular viewing. Once you are through the Bank you may again be stuck in line. This is because around the corner approx. 50-70 yards down they are taking your photos(in my opinion needlessly-this could be done at the very end of the experience?) From there it is approx. another 60-90 minute wait depending on if the line is moving or not (you will be able to judge when you are there). Next, you go into a pre-show which lasts about 5-8 minutes-again brilliant. From there you move into the lift which goes down down down (not!) into the vaults where you then join the line for the actual ride- approx. 15-20 minute wait for ride. On exiting ride you have the opportunity to purchase your photo took in the booths before hand- $29.95. You then exit back into DA. A Bondy Tip: It is essential you have plenty of water with you and there are no restrooms and at the rear of Gringotts there was only one cm on duty to manage thousands of people. Eventually I nabbed one who took ds to the restroom and brought him back. Last night we returned and at 6:30 pm there had only been tickets issued time-wise to enter DA and for the previous hour there had been none for entry into Gringotts/ride. If you are a non-hotel guest I can't see you getting away without a 6 hour wait time. I have not yet done the HE but will post again once done. Please ask as many questions as you like and I will answer asap. Bondy
That's so helpful Bondy. Hope you get on HE without too long a wait. How long in total was it from you getting to DA to getting on Gringotts ride? We will be there end of July with a stay at RPR.
Dilsy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for the all the updates and advice. We're heading to RPR tomorrow morning for a 1 night stay. Based on above don't think we'll even attempt gringotts tomorrow, might go for hogwarts train from IOA to US and just have a look around, if we can even do that? Then maybe(!) try for gringotts following morning.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
NikkiT
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
I am reluctant to give more info about the ride,dont want to spoil it, but I promise you it will be ok for you,if you go by this, high, medium and low, for me it just scrapes into the medium range,someone else before going on commented the word roller coaster,strange, but I did not find this,i found fj really difficult to deal with, this new one,basically is no where as stressfull to deal with,still,brilliant etc etc,but on a stress level out of 10=fj is 10 for me, this one, 6/10, so you will be fine,when I se ds later, I will ask him what he thinks and post again, do not worry,you will love it,bondy guarantees it, bondy. p.s. massive storm here at present.
Thanks so much for your reply, I will wait with interest what your DS thinks, I just can't face the "drops" on coasters but love FJ and simulators!

Hope the storm passes quickly x
1998 Villa 2000 Southern Dunes 2004 Southern Dunes - Wedding & Honeymoon! 2005 Southern Dunes 2007 Best Western Lakeside just the 2 of us 2010 Best Western Lakeside & toddler makes 3! 2012 Indian Creek 2013 Indian Creek 2014 Indian Creek 2015 Indian Creek for my 40th! 2016 1st time on site @ CBR 2017 1st time @ POR 2018 1st time @ Halloween & CBR again 2019 Indian Creek 2020 Cancelled 2023 Indian Creek
NikkiT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 14, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NikkiT View Post
Thanks so much for your reply, I will wait with interest what your DS thinks, I just can't face the "drops" on coasters but love FJ and simulators!

Hope the storm passes quickly x
ds reckons there are x2 bits like a rollercoaster which last about 3 to 5 seconds,its over in blink of an eye and it wont affect you,so off you go on it, regards, bondy.
Closed Thread