Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Mar 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

Booked for Christmas and need some tips!

After losing my husband in December last year, me and the kids have decided we don't really want to be at home for Christmas day this year and have booked to go to DLP on Dec 22nd to Dec 27th eeeek!

I realise that it will be madly busy, but honestly think that will help!

We need some tips and advice from Christmas visitors please. I have already warned the kids that Christmas dinner may well comprise of a croque monsieur (sp) or burger and chips, as the restaurants may be full.

Anyone else been there on Christmas Day?

Thanks

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma1987BTL
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sorry to hear about your husband

Never been to Disney before going in September I really can't wait! Christmas is next on my list tho so that might be next year! 😁 Can't wait to hear about your trip 😁 Xx
Emma1987BTL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We went last year - Christmas eve to NY eve.
It was our 1st time at Christmas too.
We had Italian for Christmas dinner at a place just opposite the train station in Val D'Europe. The trains were all running during the festive period well into the evening so going to restaurants at VDE is a must. All beautifully decorated.
We prepared for it to be busy - but it was very manageable from 24-26th. Then it went mental with people arriving for NYE celebrations. Saw Ratatouille ride at 200mins!
Parks are beautiful, characters all in their Christmas outfits and a lovely atmosphere. Very cold though so wear layers - thermals under your jeans!
We had a 2yr old and 9yr old and both loved it.
Its a great time to go.

Perhaps you could do something special to remember your husband while you are there? Release a balloon? Buy a special souvenir? Some can be engraved in the shops in Main Street in the Disney park.
Hope you all have a lovely time and my condolences.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

If you haven't been to DLP in winter then dress accordingly. It is VERY cold in the evenings. We haven't been over Christmas but have been the week before. The weather during the day was great and there are lovely touches in winter. When the sun goes down then expect the temperature to plummet.

consider going out of DLP on Christmas day - val d Europe may well have something better (plan & book before though!) and is VERY easy to get to on the train (the ticket vending is English and the stations are easy to navigate at both ends). We enjoyed a couple of days in Val d Europe Christmas shopping.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

Thanks guys! We have been to DLP in February before when it was exceptionally cold, so we are all geared up for the weather.

We haven't been to Val D'Europe before, might give it a go although the kids are adamant they want Christmas dinner (whatever it might be!) in the parks so we'll see.

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

Sorry for your loss Shazzabelle. My husband died in December 2014 and they boys and I spent the first anniversary at DLP. We felt the busyness helped too. We didn't find it as cold as February but definitely wear layers. I'd try and book Xmas dinner in your hotel (or one of the other hotels) as they may be quieter. If you are onsite make the most of EMH and maybe pop to the Disneyland Hotel for a break when it gets busy. Good use of fast pass and realistic expectations and you'll be fine.

Edited at 09:10 AM. Reason: Spelling
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fastpass, Fastpass, Fastpass. Check out the theming. Don't get frustrated.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List