Notices

View Poll Results: How did your WDW cashback track?
Ok, no issues 😊 20 21.51%
Incorrect value tracked 😐 16 17.20%
Didn't track at all ☹️ 57 61.29%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jun 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I just thought I’d update for those wondering why their Quidco cash back had tracked at a lesser amount than expected. I’ve just received this email. It explains why, and looks like it was because of that pesky VAT. 😊

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Mobile

So when an amount is showing in ‘tracked’ do you have to wait for it to go into another column before you can move it to your bank account?

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It goes from “tracked” to “confirmed” then it’s available to withdraw. On the odd occasion it can be denied but usually once tacked it then confirms.

We have already had our wdw amount confirmed and available to withdraw from last year and haven’t even been this year yet.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I just thought I’d update for those wondering why their Quidco cash back had tracked at a lesser amount than expected. I’ve just received this email. It explains why, and looks like it was because of that pesky VAT. 😊

Kat
This is an inconsistent approach from them though, as mine tracked at the full amount (inclusive of VAT). So it seems like they just say 'Oh it's because of VAT' in order to avoid any further queries/claims.

Have you done the calculation to confirm that it is definitely the 4% on the value of the booking before VAT was applied? I wouldn't expect the figures to match. For example, if it was £1,000 pre VAT, then 4% would be £40. After VAT is applied, then the value would be £1,200 and 4% would be £48. 3% of £1,200 would be £36. Obviously this is less than 4% of pre VAT amount, but the difference is small and they probably know that most people won't check and will just think 'that seems about right'.

So, I'd say do the calculation and pushback if needs be.
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
This is an inconsistent approach from them though, as mine tracked at the full amount (inclusive of VAT). So it seems like they just say 'Oh it's because of VAT' in order to avoid any further queries/claims.

Have you done the calculation to confirm that it is definitely the 4% on the value of the booking before VAT was applied? I wouldn't expect the figures to match. For example, if it was £1,000 pre VAT, then 4% would be £40. After VAT is applied, then the value would be £1,200 and 4% would be £48. 3% of £1,200 would be £36. Obviously this is less than 4% of pre VAT amount, but the difference is small and they probably know that most people won't check and will just think 'that seems about right'.

So, I'd say do the calculation and pushback if needs be.

I agree it’s been inconsistent.

I’m definitely no Vat expert. 😂I’ve just gone off what they’ve said in their T&C’s. Can you work it out for me? £3,129 (tracked at £95.37) is that about right? It seems a few ££ short to me but was unsure of the amount to expect. It seems to be more like 3% of total or 4% excluding Vat?

I’m happy to stick at it if it’s about right but if it’s way off in your opinion I might claim for the difference? (I have two bookings exactly the same that have both tracked at £95.37)

Thanks

Kat
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Kat
I got this today too because I’d put in a claim and it seems it tracked late. I had put in an incorrect amount claim for the tracked cash back as it seemed to be 3% rather than 4% and I think the VAT comment in the email is probably generic. I’ll wait and see what happens as it’s about £30 odd of a difference so not insignificant.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

I agree it’s been inconsistent.

I’m definitely no Vat expert. 😂I’ve just gone off what they’ve said in their T&C’s. Can you work it out for me? £3,129 (tracked at £95.37) is that about right? It seems a few ££ short to me but was unsure of the amount to expect. It seems to be more like 3% of total or 4% excluding Vat?

I’m happy to stick at it if it’s about right but if it’s way off in your opinion I might claim for the difference? (I have two bookings exactly the same that have both tracked at £95.37)

Thanks

Kat
Sorry, didn't see this until last night.

OK, so for the full amount (£3,129) the figures are as follows:

3% - £93.87
4% - £125.16

The VAT portion (20% of the pre VAT amount) of the booking at £3,129, is £521.50. Meaning, the pre VAT amount is £2,607.50. So the percentages on this would be as follows:

3% - £78.23
4% - £104.30

Unfortunately, none of those figures match the £95.37 that has tracked for you. The only possible reason I can think of is that a different VAT % has been applied (a higher one), or if your booking was originally for a lower value and it's tracked that?

The tracked amount they have provided of £95.37, if they are saying it is 4%, means that the pre VAT value they have applied it to is £2,384.25. If you add 20% VAT to that, then the cost to you would have been £2,861.10. Did you originally purchase a package at that price, and then amend it later?

If not, I would push back and say your figures don't add up, please provide a detailed breakdown.

To assist, you could also (separately) request an invoice from Disney which shows the VAT. They may oblige
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
Sorry, didn't see this until last night.

OK, so for the full amount (£3,129) the figures are as follows:

3% - £93.87
4% - £125.16

The VAT portion (20% of the pre VAT amount) of the booking at £3,129, is £521.50. Meaning, the pre VAT amount is £2,607.50. So the percentages on this would be as follows:

3% - £78.23
4% - £104.30

Unfortunately, none of those figures match the £95.37 that has tracked for you. The only possible reason I can think of is that a different VAT % has been applied (a higher one), or if your booking was originally for a lower value and it's tracked that?

The tracked amount they have provided of £95.37, if they are saying it is 4%, means that the pre VAT value they have applied it to is £2,384.25. If you add 20% VAT to that, then the cost to you would have been £2,861.10. Did you originally purchase a package at that price, and then amend it later?

If not, I would push back and say your figures don't add up, please provide a detailed breakdown.

To assist, you could also (separately) request an invoice from Disney which shows the VAT. They may oblige
Ahh I think I know why it’s a couple of pounds out. I have given the figure after the £50 deposit was taken off? Would that explain it?

Anyway it looks like it has tracked at 3% I’m just a bit worried that if I apply for the extra 1% it will mess up my tracked amount.

As it happens I booked similar rooms last year and got more money then. I’d booked for 10 nights instead of 11 nights like I have this year, so must’ve tracked at 4% last year?

Thanks for taking the time to answer me I appreciate it. 😃

Kat
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I got this today too because I’d put in a claim and it seems it tracked late. I had put in an incorrect amount claim for the tracked cash back as it seemed to be 3% rather than 4% and I think the VAT comment in the email is probably generic. I’ll wait and see what happens as it’s about £30 odd of a difference so not insignificant.
Mine tracked at 3% (I got exactly 3% of the total amount that we paid) and my case for that claim is closed. I now have a claim in for the extra 1% - as its around £57, which is still pending.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Ok, so I’ve submitted the claims for the extra 1% so will wait and see what happens? I hope it goes through as it’ll be an extra £62. fingers crossed they all get tracked and confirmed 🤞🏼

Kat