Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Sep 23, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
amandathepanda
Imagineer

I take magnesium supplements they work well for restless legs.
Old 8 Sep 23, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Low magnesium can often be the cause. Have you tried rubbing magnesium 'oil' on your legs before going to bed?
Magnesium oil (not really an oil, just looks and feels like one) can be made by mixing magnesium chloride flakes with a tiny, tiny bit of water to make a thick liquid
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 23, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes I suffer with it, I bought some magnesium cream and have to say, when I remember to rub this on my legs before bed, I get a good undisturbed sleep and no restless legs. It was recommended to me by a fellow sufferer who used it and it worked for her too.
amazon/Better-You-...58974 &sr=8-9
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 23, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
amberdane
Proud to wear my Ears

DH has had restless legs since a teenager. For the last 20 years he has always got up during the night due to them. I read about weighted blankets and bought one as he was disrupting my sleep, despite a superking bed. He laughed when I showed him but agreed to try it. Night 1 was slightly better but night 2 was his first full night’s sleep for years. This has continued and he takes his blanket on holidays all the time as he will not be without it. He even has one for TV watching on the sofa.
If like him you are desperate then it may be worth trying one. His blankets are from John Lewis and he has the 11.5kg one which is slightly over the 10% of your body weight that is advised. Be aware that people with certain medical conditions are advised against them so do check first.
amberdane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 23, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

A family member has it and went to their GP.
Severe B12 deficiency so they had it as injections and it has stopped.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 23, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don’t think it’s restless legs but DH often ‘jumps and twitches’ most of the night. I have to send him off to another room as it’s like someone randomly kicking the bed when you are asleep.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 23, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bettycat
slightly serious Dibber

A glass of tonic water and a banana in the evenings I find a huge help 👍
bettycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 23, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I suffer as well as cramp it's currently very bad and my legs actually feel sore
Magnesium oil from Holland and Barret helps
I always have to have my legs covered at night otherwise I get cramp - not great in this weather
It's a horrible condition though
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 23, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Yes o have it. It’s like having ants crawling in your leg muscles.
I think mine is down to anxiety possibly as since I’ve been taking Setraline, it’s stopped!
Only thing that helped me a little before that was a magnesium spray I bought on Amazon .
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List