Old 8 Jan 16, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
~Lapland Again! Pre-Trippy~

As the title suggests we are off to Lapland - again! This will be our fourth trip there - we are well and truly in love!

I see lots of posts on here with questions about Lapland so thought I would do a trippy so people can see what its like, what sort of prices things are, weather, excursions and how to go about booking it! We are pretty well seasoned now in the best way to book and how to get the best deals. So any questions fire away!

So anyway... the cast!

First up - little old me! Laura, 26 years old, lover of animals, holidays and Disney! I am the one on the right...

And finally - my lovely hubby Adam! 33, lover of holidays and newly converted Disney fan! He will deny it though

Background

As I mentioned before we have been to Lapland several times, the first in 2010 with a couple of friends and completely fell in love. Its hard not to! We mainly go for the skiing but have also done pretty much every excursion available!

Our second trip was a very special one - we got married there! We loved it so much we decided to get married in an Ice Chapel just outside Levi and it was absolutely perfect! here are few photos from our day but I have a full photo report if you want to check it out

We went back again the following year for our anniversary just the two of us - for the first time! and it was so lovely! I treated DH to a night in a glass igloo to watch the Northern Lights as an anniversary present - it was beautiful! Although we missed the Northern Lights!

here are a few more snaps of our last trip -

Orlando 1995 - 1998 - 2000 - 2007 - 2009 - 2015

Edited at 02:50 PM.
ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 16, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Planning and Booking

This has all been planned months in advance - well in fact I think we booked it the week we got home last year!

On our first two trips we booked through Inghams who are fab - very helpful and were a massive help when booking our wedding as we had 25 people coming all wanting to stay fairly close to each other in one hotel! We ended up at the Levitunturi hotel and it was fab. Perfect for our needs and we were half board. It has a great water world and spa which we used daily. I think it worked out around £650 pp for flights accommodation and half board for 7 nights. Our first trip was about £500 pp for the same but self catered. So my advice is don't do a Santa trip! its so much cheaper this way by booking it as a ski holiday for 7 days. Plus you get more time to enjoy the place without being rushed around - you wouldn't go to Florida and try and fit in everything in 4 days would you?

Levitunturi hotel -

For our last trip we decided to look at booking it all independently and not use Inghams. This means we can't fly direct so have a stop over in Helsinki but to be honest its fine (and I like my conveniences!) and Helsinki airport is lovely! even if just for an hour
We booked our flights first and because there is only direct flights on Sat and Sun (with Inghams etc) we could be much more flexible with days and dates. We then went on the Levi website levi.fi/en and searched for accommodation on there and found a nice little studio apartment right near the slopes. perfect for the two of us

We have done the same again this year as it worked so well and was soooo cheap and convenient! We are going for 10 days this year as a week just isn't enough! hehe. We are there again for our anniversary which will be lovely.
We have found another apartment - this time one bed so we will have a separate bedroom (although the studio was fine) but this one includes lift passes in the price which is fantastic as there are a few hundred euros!
In total for flights, accommodation and lift passes it is costing under £1000. Can't complain at that!
This is our cute little apartment for this time -

ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Hi, I'm so pleased you are doing a trip report as Lapland is one place Id like to know more about.

Your wedding photos are amazing – it looks like a very special place to get married.

Look forward to learning more about Lapland – hope you have a great time.

Diane
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dolphinlou
Imagineer

Can't wait for more
dolphinlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Thanks for reading

Will hopefully add some ideas of what we will be doing soon and then not long til I am there xx
Old 24 Jan 16, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
WOW - amazing.

I was just thinking about doing my own pre-trippie was was having a quick nosy at some others - just love yours.

We love our skiing but had never looked at Lapland - will be doing so now :waves:

Will keep reading x x

Katie
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 16, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Citybranch
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Amazing - I'm half Finnish but I've never been to Lapland! Just starting to look at doing Lapland for Feb half term 2017... Will be 5 of us including kids who will be 16, 10 and 7 then!
Citybranch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List