Notices

Old 6 Apr 10, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

My West Coast road trip

Hey everyone

So it's been a while since I've been on here as work has been crazy and since splitting up with my husband in November I've been going out a lot more and keeping very busy!

This trip was originally 5 weeks and was planned with my husband, however when we split up it was a real headache as to what was going to happen to it - I still had to go away because of my friends' wedding but as to what happened other than that the itinerary has changed more times than I can count!

However, luckily for me I have a fantastic brother who has agreed to come with me so the trip isback on albeit reduced to just over 3 weeks but we are still doing some fantastic things and will have an amazing time.

The final itinerary is as follows:

Thursday 15th April - fly from Heathrow Terminal 5 to Las Vegas, collect hire car and drive to St George staying in the La Quinta Inn - we'll be so tired from the flight and its literally just a stop off point so no point wasting money on somewhere more luxurious

Friday 16th April - Zion national park and Bryce Canyon then driving to Moab to stay in The Gonzo Inn

Saturday 17th April - Arches & Canyonlands national parks then driving to Monument Valley staying in The View Hotel actually in Monument Valley

Sunday 18th April - Half day jeep tour of Monument Valley and Mystery Valley thn driving to Grand Canyon staying at the Bright Angel Lodge on the South Rim and meeting my school friends who are also going to the wedding

Monday 19th April - full day tour at the Grand Canyon including a plane ride over the canyon, a helicopter ride to the base of the canyon, lunch and then a 17 mile boat ride through the canyon down the Colorado River. Staying at Bright Angel Lodge again

Tuesday 20th April - up early to drive to Las Vegas hopefully arriving about lunchtime. Afternoon of mooching around Vegas then my friend is having a Vegas hen night in the evening. Whilst in Vegas we're staying at Caesars Palace where the wedding is

Wednesday 21st April - day to ourselves sightseeing around Vegas, I have to go to the wedding rehearsal in the afternoon (I'm bridesmaid) then dinner with friends at Texas de Brazil in the evening

Thursday 22nd April - day of the wedding

Friday 23rd April - leave early morning to drive up to Yosemite possibly via Sequoia and Kings Canyon if time allows. Staying at the Best Western just outside Yosemite

Saturday 24th April - whole day to explore Yosemite staying in The Yosemite Lodge at the Falls

Sunday 25th April - leave early to drive to San Francisco and have the afternoon to wander around the city. Staying at the Argonaut

Monday 26th April - San Francisco Segway tour in the morning and afternoon at Alcatraz. Staying in the Argonaut again

Tuesday 27th April - leisurely drive down to LA stopping off in Monterey for breakfast, Santa Barbara for lunch and arriving in Anaheim for dinner. Staying 4 nights at Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa using my DVC points

Wednesday 28th April - Disney

Thursday 29th April - Universal

Friday 30th April - Disney

Saturday 1st May - returning the car at the airport and flying up to Vancouver to visit my sister who lives there

Sunday 2nd May - Wednesday 5th May - around and about in Vancouver with my sister

Thursday 6th May - taking the Amtrak to Seattle for a mooch around, my brother wants to visit some Boeing museum by the airport (he's a pilot and very into his planes and flying!) Staying at the Pan Pacific Seattle

Friday 7th May - mooch around Seattle before heading to the airport for out 7pm flight back to Heathrow

So that's it - it has been a stressful time what with splitting up with my husband andnot really knowing what would happen with the trip so I am really looking forward to having the break - I am desperately i need of a holiday after everything that's happened! It's a lot of driving and although me and my brother get on that is a lot of time to spend together in a confined space of the car and hotel rooms but I reckon we'll manage! All hotels are booked and paid for, car hire is sorted and paid for, internal flight and Amtrak is booked and pad for and all excursions are booked and paid for. Fairfx card has been loaded with dollars, I've got some extra in hard cash and Canadian dollars too and the aiport parking is booked so all I have left to do now is endure 6 more days at work and pack!

Roll on next Thursday!

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 10, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee girl
Imagineer

I am so glad you are still going on your trip. You definitly deserve a break.
Old 6 Apr 10, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
You'll have a fab time - what a great itinerary. You'll love Seattle & you should tag along to the Boeing plant tour & museum of flight -it's fascinating.
Old 7 Apr 10, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Sounds like an amazing trip to me and you'll hae a great, and much needed, break. Have fun and will be really interested to read your trippie later!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 10, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lettie
Imagineer

Wow what an amazing trip... so glad your still going you really do need this Holiday Who knows you may find some lovely Guy to sweep you off your feet have a Brilliant time and don't forget the trip report.

PS wish I was coming with you.
Old 9 Apr 10, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Can you take lots of pics of the lodge at the falls, your room etc and also of the argonaut as these are both in our plan for next year. We always stay st Caesars when we go to Vegas, in the Augustus tower it's like my Vegas home, we just love it. We spent 5 days in Zion in 2008, its just the most beautiful and amazing place. Your trip sounds wonderful and I think you really deserve it. I'll be hounding u on your return to get more info on who you booked your hotels with in sf and yosemite

have fun, look forward to the pics
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 10, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ploppy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluesky30 View Post
Can you take lots of pics of the lodge at the falls, your room etc and also of the argonaut as these are both in our plan for next year. We always stay st Caesars when we go to Vegas, in the Augustus tower it's like my Vegas home, we just love it. We spent 5 days in Zion in 2008, its just the most beautiful and amazing place. Your trip sounds wonderful and I think you really deserve it. I'll be hounding u on your return to get more info on who you booked your hotels with in sf and yosemite

have fun, look forward to the pics
I will certainly try and remember for you! I actually booked both those hotels direct as I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else.

Hound me as much as you like I love talking about holidays!

Villa - '84, '85, '86, '91, '92, '93, '97, '04
West coast - '87, '89, '94, '98, '01, '10, '14
Onsite - '95, '99, '00, '02, '03, '05, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, ‘18
Disney cruise - Wonder May '11, Fantasy NY 2011/12, Magic NY 2012/13, Dream Sept '16
Princess Ploppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 10, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Oh Beth I've just read this! It made me very sad to think you didn't get away.

What have you booked instead?
Old 7 May 10, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Hope you had a fantastic trip and look forward to hearing all about it.

Jools x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List