Old 15 Jul 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile Vloggers and donations

I have been watching Disney vlogs over lockdown and am signed to a vlogger Facebook page. Quite often they receive gifts from viewers and other get money donations. I really can’t get my head around this? Saw an American vlogger on a live vlog and he received $200 in the 5 mins I saw! Others receiving gift vouchers and presents when they arrive at resort.

Would you ever donate? Do you?
Old 15 Jul 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I wouldn’t personally.

It makes me cringe when they say something like ‘$4.99 superchat from ... thanks’ and when I look at the comment they’ve asked for a shoutout or birthday wishes and they’ve completely ignored the reason why the person ‘paid’ them.

I don’t blame or judge the people who do choose to pay/donate to them. I think it’s similar to Cameo which seems to be popular.
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Some really do push for money donations, presents and to buy their merchandise and others don't. The Trackers don't push or neither do L and R dreaming who I believe donate to charity, but I am finding the lodge guys do push and are as tight as they come.

I have bought merchandise from the Trackers but never donated money to any of them.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I do find that the patron thing puts me off vloggers to the point where I unsubscribe and no longer watch. I know no one forces anyone to donate but I find it odd that the patrons are buying ‘friendship’.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I do find that the patron thing puts me off vloggers to the point where I unsubscribe and no longer watch. I know no one forces anyone to donate but I find it odd that the patrons are buying ‘friendship’.
I will be your friend if you send me some money

Disney332
Old 15 Jul 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
I have been watching Disney vlogs over lockdown and am signed to a vlogger Facebook page. Quite often they receive gifts from viewers and other get money donations. I really can’t get my head around this? Saw an American vlogger on a live vlog and he received $200 in the 5 mins I saw! Others receiving gift vouchers and presents when they arrive at resort.

Would you ever donate? Do you?
I watched one last week can’t remember who it was and within minutes he had over $100 one person alone donated $20.
I don’t donate and wouldn’t send gifts either, I only buy gifts for family and close friends.
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Some really do push for money donations, presents and to buy their merchandise and others don't. The Trackers don't push or neither do L and R dreaming who I believe donate to charity, but I am finding the lodge guys do push and are as tight as they come.

I have bought merchandise from the Trackers but never donated money to any of them.
The lodge guys constantly go on about patreon and that you will get to see their boring vlogs earlier than anyone else.
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve been watching the live video feeds of the opening days this week, I didn’t even realise this was a thing, and some people are donating $10 for a shout out. One guy said ‘sorry, if I don’t say hi, anything less than $5 doesn’t stay at the top of the feed’ and one guy was doing a $10 shout out and the video cut off. I mainly watch the Trackers, I’m so glad they don’t do this.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
The lodge guys constantly go on about patreon and that you will get to see their boring vlogs earlier than anyone else.
I agree entirely and in fact I don't watch them but my wife does (so I am often there when she's watching them). I think they over act for the camera and I've seen them swearing around people in Epcot when they've had a drink which doesn't impress me.

L and R dreaming are very happy and genuine blokes who I enjoy watching and they don't ask for money and as previously mentioned they donate money to charity, and I don't believe they ever act up for the cameras like the Lodge guys do. And not sure if the Lodge guys do the same, but some vloggers only have meet ups with followers who send them money (like their big celebrities).

Some people send vloggers expensive gifts and I wonder if the senders are sometimes lonely and believe the vloggers will be their friend.

I won't be unkind to other vloggers and mention their names, but some often have live vlogs that last for 2 to 3 hours waffling on and on and on and on
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Some people send vloggers expensive gifts and I wonder if the senders are sometimes lonely and believe the vloggers will be their friend.
:
I think you are probably right - I find it quite sad (although if it makes them happy then that’s fine)

I like L&R too - agree they seem natural and not forced. I have seen a few over the last few months and they ones who overact or swear don’t get a second chance!