Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Aug 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Wyndham Lake Buena Vista

Hello all!

Wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista and if so what you thought of it?

The tower rooms look nice and for my dates they are coming in slightly cheaper than Pop Century, even once I factor in taking an uber each day to get to the parks for opening (as I can see from reviews the hotel shuttle isn't that reliable). Looking at the sizing the rooms are bigger and if we took a king room it might be nice to have the sofa. I can't find any pictures of the whole bathroom though which seems odd!

Any general thoughts would be great and I'd also be keen to hear if there was any issue with the walk to Disney Springs? It looks pretty short but wondered if it might feel less safe at night?

Thanks!

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

It was about 10 years ago that we stayed there, in the tower block overlooking disney springs, it was very nice, a very safe 5 min stroll to DS. About a 15 min walk to crossroads. A bus stop outside for SeaWorld. And a lovely pool . We found the buses to he parks very reliable.
I would stay there again if the price was good
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have stayed there but not in the tower. It was quite a few years ago. I didn’t like the outside walkway to the room but you wouldn’t have that in the tower.
The room was pretty big but a little tired. However, I expect they have been redone a few times since then.

Location is excellent. You can easily walk to Disney springs. There is now a bridge.

You could even get the bus back to Disney springs, although the bus stop is now in the middle rather then next to the Wyndham.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed there many times over the years, the last two times in a tower room. They are lovely and it's a great hotel. The buses were really really reliable when we stayed there and the first bus of the day was usually super quiet.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Getting Excited

Thanks everyone - really helpful!

Disney World Florida five times and counting!
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I stay in the palace which is just round corner. Your walk to springs would be slightly shorter than mine. I used to go over most nights in November, so dark...pathway is well lit and I felt very safe. I think once out of hotel you would be at walkway within a couple of minutes. There is also a well lit pavement up to crossroads I would happily walk it if I was with someone else at night ( of course that is as long as crossroads still exists next year)
meggy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillz121
Apprentice Imagineer

Gillz121's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
One thing to bear in mind is the $32 daily resort fee and there also used to be a daily parking charge on top of this. However, it is a lovely hotel, great for Disney Springs and off site restaurants in the other direction
Gillz121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Sorry to jump On the thread. I myself am looking at this hotel. Through netflights there is a £35 resort fee but have found an online agent where tou don't have to pay this.

Also... Are Wyndham Lake buena vista and Wyndham Gardens lake buena vista the same thing? X
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kimbers View Post
Sorry to jump On the thread. I myself am looking at this hotel. Through netflights there is a £35 resort fee but have found an online agent where tou don't have to pay this.

Also... Are Wyndham Lake buena vista and Wyndham Gardens lake buena vista the same thing? X
Kind of... they share the same lobby, pool and other facilities but the garden part of the hotel have motel style rooms with external corridors. The other part is a tower block with internal corridors. Up until a few years ago it was all classed as one hotel.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List