Notices

Old 12 Aug 09, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerlink View Post
I have only just found this report! Where have a been lol. It all looks soooo good and I can't wait to see a trip report too. We are planning an west coast Honeymoon and I deffo want to go to Vegas and LA so will be really interested to see what it's like x

Hi Alice, better late than never to pop along
And the good thing about joining in late you don't have to wait long for the trip report now I can't believe it's now less than 3 weeks till I go, im getting so excited hehe
Great destination choices for your honeymoon, even though I haven't been yet i'm sure they are fab or i'm going to be very disapointed x
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 09, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Bit of an update from friday/saturday but I didn't get chance to post as my frind has been staying and i've not had much chance to Dibb (criminal I know )

New camera

Well I had been keeping an eye on the Walmart site to see when the estimated delievery dates for the Camera to arrive t the store sometime the week before we arrive and on thursday it finally gave me an estimated delievery date of tue 25th Aug - mon 31st Aug which is perfect as we arrive Tue 1st Sep so I went ahead and ordered it in pink and I'm hoping it will arrive during the dates stated and it will be ready to pick up the day we arrive

LA Kings

Since I first started planning this trip I was looking for things I could plan to do that Darren would enjoy espcially as i'm dragging him against he's will to Disney and I really couldn't find much, he isn't really into any Amercian sports apart from Ice Hockey which I noticed that unfortunately we'd be there just before the start of the new season so had to tell Darren that sadly that wouldn't happen but then I was told by someone on another popular Disney message board that sometimes there are pre season games during september and I was really hoping that there would be one in one of the places we are visiting at the right dates and have been waiting for the pre season games/dates to be announced. I looked saturday night and noticed the LA Kings were playing Sep 15th which is perfect as we'll be staying in Hollywood during that date so iam now the owner of two tickets for one of LA Kings pre season games. Darren doesn't know yet and I don't think i'll tell him, will be nice to surpirce him on the trip
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 09, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

2 weeks to go
I can't believe (as long as all goes to plan) this time in 2 weeks we'll be landing in LA

So here's our plans (well most of them) for our 16 nights in California & Las Vegas...

Monday 31st Aug

We'll head to Holiday Inn Hotel at Heathrow about 8-9pm after dinner with my mum (i want to have dinner with her the night before as i won't see her for almost 3 weeks and although I don't live at home anymore i'm very close to her and still see her almost everyday so it's always strange to go away and I like to spend my last few hours at home with her) we'll be staying the night at the hotel as it kicks starts the holiday a day earlier and it's just nice to know we don't have to travel across London early the next morning

Part 1...6 nights at the Sheraton Anaheim

Tuesday 1st Sep

We are on the 11.15am Virgin flight from Heathrow to LA (as you have probably read a good few times already by now)
fingerscrossed land around 2.30pm local time and will go straight to Dollar Car rental (obviously after collecting our luggage & getting through immagration) I really hope we are on the road to Anaheim by about 4.30pm
I don't really know what time we'll get to the hotel in Anaheim as i've heard horror stories about the LA rush hour traffic but when we get there and have checked in etc we'll freshen up, unpack and go to the Walmart to collect my nice new camera (fingersrossed it will be there to collect with no problems) and then off to dinner (if we can still keep our eyes open) at Red Robin, i've read good things about the burgers at this place and then back tot he hotel where we will no doubt fall on the bed and asleep within minutes

Wednesday 2nd Sep

No doubt up at stupid a clock in the morning with the 8 hour time differance we'll probably have breakfast at Denny's or Mimi's before heading to spend the morning at Lauguna beach, im really looking forward to seeing this place espcially after watching the MTV show so much after spending a few hours there we'll be heading to Newport beach where we may go on a boat trip or just check out the pier and of course spend some time soaking up the sun on the beach
I don't have any places in mind for dinner so we'll see what we fancy, i have a bit of a list of places to eat while we are staying in Anaheim so i'm sure we'll pick somewhere fromt hat list and then probably just relax at the hotel in the evening as i'm sure we'll be tired from waking up early and of course we have to be up early for Disneyland the next day

Thursday 3rd Sep

Woohoo one of the days i'm most looking forward to on this trip...we finally get to Disneyland
We'll be hopefully up in time to get to the parks to make use of the Magic morning from 8am-9am and we have breakfast booked at Carnation cafe for 9.30am I can't wait to try those Mickey Waffles, this looks such a cute little place and many people rave about it. Will we stay in the parks till about 1pm before probably heading back to the hotel for a bit of a break and a few hours by the pool before returning about 4pm for the rest of the evening till park closing at 9pm and then we'll probably head to Rainforest cafe for dinner

Friday 4th Sep

After quite along day yesterday we will not be jumping out of bed at the crack of dawn today (we aren't exactly early risers anyway) so we'll have a relaxing morning, maybe just grab some breakfast at the hotel and have a few hours by the pool before heading to Disney's California adventure park around 1pm and we will no doubt stay till closing (even though Darren could be sick of Disney already by now but he will no complain, he will put up & shut up cause he loves me and I love Disney ) no plans where to eat dinner at the moment probably somewhere in DTD or along Harbor Blvd

Saturday 5th Sep

Today we'll be spending the day at Santa Monica beach, before we head there we will probably get some breakfast from Mimi's or Denny's and then head straight to Santa Monica and spend the morning & afternoon there before heading back to Anaheim late afternoon/early evening.
We are fans of the Final Destination films and the new one comes out the weekend we go so we plan to go to the cinema at DTD or Gardenwalk to see that this evening and will probably have dinner at Tony Roma's if we go tot he cinema in DTD or somehwere in Garden walk if we go the the cinema there

Sunday 6th Sep

Sadly our last day in Anaheim and as its the morning of the Disney half marathon we will just relax at the hotel till thats all over and done, probably spend some hours at the pool and weill head to Disney sometime in the afternoon and split our time between the 2 parks till closing, watch the parades for a final time, the fireworks and pick up the last of our (well mine) Disney goodies before heading back tot he hotel for our last sleep in Anaheim

Edited at 10:16 PM.
Old 25 Aug 09, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
6 days to go! How are you feeling now so close to your holiday? Are you nervous at all? We need to pull everything together now for our trip, we've booked everything but we're not fully organised with the route yet!

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 09, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracyh View Post
6 days to go! How are you feeling now so close to your holiday? Are you nervous at all? We need to pull everything together now for our trip, we've booked everything but we're not fully organised with the route yet!
Now it's getting closer it's actually starting to feel like it isn't real is someway i think by the weekend when i pack i'll be bouncing off the walls and it will deffiently all feel real. I can't wait
Old 30 Aug 09, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post

CA -Navada Road Trip

Enjoy the trip Ours will soon be here
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You have planned a great trip, really looking forward to reading about it

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 09, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Looking good, off to read more. xx
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List