Notices

Old 6 Aug 09, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Ok so i have totally neglected this pre-trippy! Sorry! In order for me to finish i think i will have to give up on pics, i am awful with computers and literally takes me about 15 mins to load one!

Sooo... where was i?...

Landed! First Day! 27th Aug

Right once landed at 14:35 (fingers crossed no delays!) need the task of getting the car from Dollar which i went with Virgin which cost us £340 with the platinum insurance for 15 nights without it would have been £266, heard from Lola took them 2 hours waiting for the car! JOY! So being forever the optimist im thinking we should get on the Journey to Anaheim about 16.30? (23.30? body time? Im working on 7 hours difference is that correct?)

Anyway plan to make no stops and arrive at our hotel in Anaheim early evening, we have 2 rooms booked through priceline at £30 per night per room, staying at Crowne Plaza, would have liked to be abit closer but this holiday was on a budget so had to be cheap and it is was Priceline gave us, have to say though i’m not unhappy with the hotel, there is a shuttle but i have looked on google maps and i think i will try and walk it, only seems about 10mins.

Aim of the day is stay awake late as possible! We are staying in Anaheim 4 nights so for the next 3 days we will be going to Universal Studios/Hollywood and the 2 disney parks, these will be on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the plan was to do Universal the Friday and Disney’s on Sat and Sun, does anyone if this will be the best way round?

As for food whilst in Anaheim, we would like to try Bubba Gumps (were going to try the one on City Walk but i have a voucher for a free appetizer for the one in Anaheim) One night i want to book dinner in Disneyland/DTD but not sure where? Rainforest Cafe maybe one night, and the other?, might start a thread about it and see what people think.

San Diego 31st Aug

Travelling day, after my short but hopefully substantial Disney fix, were checking out and making our way down the San Diego (was going to quote what anchor man calls it but best not haha)

Plan to leave early, and drop our bags at our base hotel for the next 11 nights Hilton Homewood Suites Del Mar, we have a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite, which has a lounge and kitchen also, one thing that did disappoint a tad was i realised i don’t think they have balconys! Shock Horror! i love my wine and crisps and dips of an evening playing cards, im sure i will sort something out but i came to expect it!

We arrive here on a Monday and plan to do either Sea World or the Zoo and some beaching before Thursday when we travel to Yosemite...

To be continued!... :pop:
Old 6 Aug 09, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Your plans sound good so far, im hoping the drive won't be too long espcailly after that long flight but I don't hold much hope with what i've read about LA rush hour traffic. I'm ordering a new camera to be delievered to the walmart in Anaheim so I want to pick that up on the day we get there. Need to try and stay awake for aslong as possible and i don't know how easy that's going to be The time differance is 8 hours, im hoping thats going to help us get up early for our first day in Disneyland

Where do you find the coupons for restaurants?

I've made a note of that Steak house in San Diego aswell
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 09, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Your plans sound good so far, im hoping the drive won't be too long espcailly after that long flight but I don't hold much hope with what i've read about LA rush hour traffic. I'm ordering a new camera to be delievered to the walmart in Anaheim so I want to pick that up on the day we get there. Need to try and stay awake for aslong as possible and i don't know how easy that's going to be The time differance is 8 hours, im hoping thats going to help us get up early for our first day in Disneyland

Where do you find the coupons for restaurants?

I've made a note of that Steak house in San Diego aswell
Sorry didnt even think her you go!

anaheimoc/Articles/Ar...bpage10153.asp

there are some good ones and one for rainforest too, your going there arent you!? x
Old 6 Aug 09, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
Sorry didnt even think her you go!

anaheimoc/Articles/Ar...bpage10153.asp

there are some good ones and one for rainforest too, your going there arent you!? x
ooh thanks
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 09, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Wow your planning is fab.

As for ideas for Anaheim...Do you like Mexican food? We ate at Tortilla Jo's in DTD whilst there and it was yummy! I had a chicken burrito and I can't describe how gorgeous and tender the chicken was.

DD had fajitas and rather than re-fried beans they serve a dish of the beans but they're not fried if that makes sense. Honestly I could quite easily have just eaten those. It seemed a shame for them to go to waste so I gave myself belly-ache trying to fit in as many as possible

Ds loved his tortillas and I can't remember what DH had.

We had eaten at House of Blues earlier in the day and I DID enjoy my pulled pork sandwich but I would definitely say that we all thought that Tortilla Jo's was better. The food just had the edge and the service was spot on. HTH
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 09, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Wow your planning is fab.

As for ideas for Anaheim...Do you like Mexican food? We ate at Tortilla Jo's in DTD whilst there and it was yummy! I had a chicken burrito and I can't describe how gorgeous and tender the chicken was.

DD had fajitas and rather than re-fried beans they serve a dish of the beans but they're not fried if that makes sense. Honestly I could quite easily have just eaten those. It seemed a shame for them to go to waste so I gave myself belly-ache trying to fit in as many as possible

Ds loved his tortillas and I can't remember what DH had.

We had eaten at House of Blues earlier in the day and I DID enjoy my pulled pork sandwich but I would definitely say that we all thought that Tortilla Jo's was better. The food just had the edge and the service was spot on. HTH

mmmm do love mexico! might have to take a look here! x
Old 6 Aug 09, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

That Mexican does sound lovely, arghh I hate having such a fussy boyfriend haha
Old 6 Aug 09, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Sarah... how about the Grilled Steak Sandwich for him... and get them to leave off the spicy stuff MENU

DD thought the sweet potato fries were to die for... I'm inclined to agree with her
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 09, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Sarah... how about the Grilled Steak Sandwich for him... and get them to leave off the spicy stuff MENU

DD thought the sweet potato fries were to die for... I'm inclined to agree with her
ooh thanks for that, will have a look hopefully theres something he will eat though i don't know if i have enough days for all these places for dinner