Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Apr 13, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

Just getting ready to pay the villa balance and thought id be best to check all was ok with it before doing so.

Villa is in Clermont and I have the full address and owner name (though ive emailed to confirm she is owner and not someone else..thogh im sure she is from the booking).

Which records should I be searching please? I've tried the ones in the link and there was nothing listed in the name.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by zokaluse View Post
Just getting ready to pay the villa balance and thought id be best to check all was ok with it before doing so.

Villa is in Clermont and I have the full address and owner name (though ive emailed to confirm she is owner and not someone else..thogh im sure she is from the booking).

Which records should I be searching please? I've tried the ones in the link and there was nothing listed in the name.
I think you need to look at the Lake County Tax collectors site.

laketax/

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I believe Clermont is in Lake county but I would always recommend addressing any concerns with the owner in the first instance. They should be able to furnish you with all and any information you require.

lakecopropappr/index.aspx

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Hi hun, Google Clermont property appraiser and you should find what you're looking for.

I don't know how to post links , but if you need any help let me know, and I'll have a look for you.
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ojoboots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
Can I just take this opportunity to thank the OP for this post. By following her advice I obtained the addresses of potential villas we were considering for 2014. Our current favourite has been eliminated as we discovered, via Google Earth, that the property backed onto a busy road. A small fact that the owners omitted to mention when responding to my enquiry.
The DIBB proves again what very useful information is out there. Thanks for sharing this info - it's been invaluable.

Regards

G
When we are looking at villas we always ask for south or southwest facing pools and it's amazing the number of people who reply and when you check out the property appraiser you find out its facing the complete opposite

Villa - Magic Landings 2006
Villa - Highgrove 2007
Villa - Formosa Gardens 2008
Villa - LWP/Windwood Bay 2009
Villa - Calabay Parc 2010
Villa - Highgate Park 2011
Villa - Vista Park 2012
Villa - Ridgewood Lakes 2013

ojoboots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi,
I have booked a villa and have paid the deposit, however the balance is due within the next few days and I decided to do some of the checks suggested. It looks like the 2012 bills haven't been paid and a certificate was issued, then the certificate was advertised . Can anybody tell me what this means?
Thank you
Old 3 Jul 13, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
It sounds like a tax certificate was sold on the property, when taxes are delinquent on a property the county can sell a tax certificate against the house, this is normally done by sealed bid, the person who buys the certificate then holds what is known as lien on the property. If the owner pays the delinquent taxes on the property plus any penalties that have been imposed the tax certificate is paid off and the owner is fully paid up, if the delinquent taxes are not paid within a specified period the tax certificate owner can then claim the house as there's.

Hope that helps explain

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you that was a speedy reply . It does but its also very worrying .
The villa looks fairly solidly booked for the next few months, I took this as a good sign. Its also still on the management company's website. Should I not pay the remainder of the balance and ask for my deposit back? ( I realise they may not do this).

Should I be worried?

Thank you for any help.
Old 3 Jul 13, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Did you book direct with the owner or the management company.

Steve
Old 3 Jul 13, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

The owner, its a Dibb one