Notices

Old 19 Feb 11, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

The Halls hit Anaheim and Ca!

Hi folks,

As we've hit the sub 60 day countdown to when we head to Anaheim for ten or so days in the California sunshine, I thought I'd start my pre trip report!

Me and hubby have on and off to the States since 1997 but it will be the first trip ever for my two boys. Hubby and I went to SF in 97 and I've been to LA for a short break in 2005.

We're booked in the Embassy Suites(south) for ten nights, got the car hire booked - all through BA. That's the amount of firm booked planning so far. Flights all done of course too!

We're planning on Disney, Universal, San Diego Zoo, Seaworld, Legoland, Knotsberry(maybe), bit of sightseeing in LA for hubby. Younger son loves the rides, older son not so much.

Both of them are high on the ADHD / ADD spectrum so I'm a little anxious how that will work out but am thinking that the constant exercise walking around the parks will do them good! We've been to DLP a few years ago and they've been to parks in the UK so they know the set up ... walk, queue, ride

I love flying, travelling and so does older son so I'm hopeful even the long flight will not be too much of a problem _ obviously planning on filling the carry on with things to do! We've already got seats allocated on both the LH flights due to their issues.

Will update later with more planning thoughts but have to scoot now!

Edited at 03:02 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ado
Excited about Disney

Ado's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh good luck with the planning! It'll be fantastic. I'd say do Seaworld and Legoland in a half day each..they're not as exciting, iykwim, and we could have easily done both in a half a day. Your sons could get really quite bored by either of them, if you drag around too much.

Have a great time planning..looking forward to reading more!
Ado is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We really enjoyed Knotts Berry Farm - have a chicken dinner!

San Diego Zoo is a full day but there are hop on hop off buses, cable car thingy and also moving walkways to take you up to different levels as it's quite hilly - we loved it there too!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 11, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tips! We'll build them into planning - although I fear that my lego obsessed elder son will spend another half a day in the shops there... !

But we see if we can slip a visit into the water park there though now...

I'm beginning to think that ten days are not going to be enough - thank goodness we have a few days at home before they go back to school!
Old 20 Feb 11, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Found your pre-trip report! Sounds fantastic, you have a nice full schedule there. I might have told you this in the past, but I have stayed quite often at the Embassy Suites you will be at in Anaheim. It's a great hotel, the kids will love the animatronic lion in the garden atrium area that "wakes up" and roars every so often. If you take advantage of the free breakfast that comes with your stay, try to get in line early during serving time- if possible. It tends to get very busy after the first hour.

I do recommend visiting Knott's Berry Farm, it's something a little different and happens to pre-date Disneyland. It has an interesting mesh of themes from a wild western town to big thrill rides, plus an area just for young kids called Camp Snoopy. My favorite ride is the log flume ride and the kids should enjoy the mine train ride. A couple of good places to eat at Knott's are the Ghost Town Grill (sit down table service) which is inside the park in the western town section and Mrs. Knotts Chicken Dinner restaurant which is right outside the park gates. Here's a tip: take the boys to visit Sad Eye Joe in the jail inside the western town. He'll talk to them if you go up to the window and peek inside at him... That always surprises everyone who doesn't expect it since Sad Eye Joe is a mannequin, lol.

When you visit Legoland in Carlsbad, you may want to make time to visit the new aquarium they build next door as well, called Sea Life. If you have only enough time for one day in Carlsbad, you can buy a 1 day park hopper ticket so you can go into both Legoland and Sea Life aquarium on the same day.

Let me know if there's any questions I can help with regarding San Diego. Have a great time in CA!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941

Edited at 12:57 AM.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 11, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Aims!

I am sure I'll have some questions - yeah I know we have a full schedule but that's the way we do holidays ;-) We'll firm it up in the next few weeks ...

HM x
Old 16 Mar 11, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

looking forward to hearing more, have a fab time, not long now!
Old 20 Mar 11, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Choccie...

Getting quite excited now!
Old 20 Mar 11, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Your plans look great! Not long now
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 11, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Karen!

Getting really excited now!

HM