Notices

Old 19 Apr 11, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Talking The "You're doing what?!" Trip Along The West Coast/Vegas :)

Hey

Second Time going to America, But first time going to West Coast!

Who
Me - 22 - Big Kid at heart, Loves shopping, Obsessed with America since coming back from Florida in 2009, Loves food, So excited for this trip

Jamie - 22 - My bf of 4 years. Loves adventures, exploring and five guys burgers! The organiser/planner/in control.

Claire - 21 - My best girly friend, Goes with the flow. Loves shopping in premium outlets. Hates rollercoasters but we make her go on them anyway (hehe).

Chris - 24 - Jamies best friend, Joker of the pack. excitable over anything. Loves shamu @ seaworld! Desinated Driver. (Along with Jamie!)

Where

This is where the "youre doing what?!" bit comes into it. This holiday is booked up to the max and there is going to be no time to even think about anything as its always go go go! But we love that kind of adventure - to see as much as poss in as little time possible!

* Land in LA - Stay near the airport for 1 night. See the "sights" - hollywood, chinese theatre, walk of fame etc.

* Drive to six flags magic mountain and spend the day rollercoasting it up! Drive to Anahiem. Stay the night and chill in downtown disney.

* Drive to Palm springs, stay the night.

* Drive to Scottsdale - do a bit of shopping (we are staying next to the mall!) and the guys want to go to a shooting range!

* Drive to Grand Canyon - helipcopter tour and stay the night.

* Drive to vegas, stop off at hoover dam. Party it up in vegas.

* Staying in vegas for 3 nights - PARTY PARTY PARTY!

* Drive through death valley and stay the night.

* Drive to Yosemite and stay the night.

* Day trip white water rafting in Yosemite.

* Drive to san fransisco and stay in the night at fishermans wharf area!

* Explore san fran - go on the alcatraz tour at night!

* Drive to Monterey and stay the night

* Drive to Venture - day at the beach maybe

* Back down to LA, Visiting santa monica pier (fair! yay)

* Fly home (VERY exhausted but loving a trip of a LIFETIME! )

I know lots of you may go "ahhh youre doing too much" but thats the way we want it to be. We are 4 bundles of energy and cant wait for a trip of a lifetime!

Any suggestions along the way of our trip will be awesome too

Bring on 7 weeks time!

x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 11, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
kazzykay
slightly serious Dibber

I hope you realise you will be spending most of the time on the road. We did very similar trip to urs last year without as many stops, and over 3 weeks.

I think you will struggle to get all the activities in your are planning. But good luck and enjoy.
kazzykay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 11, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow! What a road trip! When our kids are grown up we are hoping to do something similar
Enjoy - sounds like fun
Old 19 Apr 11, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Looks amazing! Yes there is lots of driving - and I'm not sure you're going to be up for exploring hollywood after an 11 hr flight!.

Six Flags the following day will be great because you may be up early but then it's a fair drive to Anaheim through LA and could take up to 3 hours

The mall in Scottsdale is great . Have lunch in Sedona on the way to the Grand Canyon - amazing scenery and a great place to eat called the Cowboy Grill. There are pics in the trippy I did last year.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=452407

What dates are you in Yosemite and SF?

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 11, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy9137
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds amazing - would love to do this next year but been told by she who must be obeyed we are having a new kitchen instead? Any ideas how to change her mind?

Andy9137 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 11, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kazzykay View Post
I hope you realise you will be spending most of the time on the road. We did very similar trip to urs last year without as many stops, and over 3 weeks.

I think you will struggle to get all the activities in your are planning. But good luck and enjoy.
Thats part of a road trip though right?

Trust me, the car journeys are going to be just as fun as the actual activities, lol

But thanks anyway
Old 19 Apr 11, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by char1402 View Post
Wow! What a road trip! When our kids are grown up we are hoping to do something similar
Enjoy - sounds like fun
Thanks - I know its not everyones cup of tea driving from place to place but still - it will be an experience
Old 19 Apr 11, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cyclospora View Post
Looks amazing! Yes there is lots of driving - and I'm not sure you're going to be up for exploring hollywood after an 11 hr flight!.

Six Flags the following day will be great because you may be up early but then it's a fair drive to Anaheim through LA and could take up to 3 hours

The mall in Scottsdale is great . Have lunch in Sedona on the way to the Grand Canyon - amazing scenery and a great place to eat called the Cowboy Grill. There are pics in the trippy I did last year.

Lol I thought that when we got to florida but we all woke up when we arrived and it was straight out the door to explore Buzzin with excitment!

I know traffic in LA can be a nightmare so we will leave plenty of time for driving round there Thanks for the tip though

Are the shops in scottsdale good/cheap? I love shopping hehe.

Ill have a look at your trip -thank you! x
Old 19 Apr 11, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cyclospora View Post

Lol I thought that when we got to florida but we all woke up when we arrived and it was straight out the door to explore Buzzin with excitment!

I know traffic in LA can be a nightmare so we will leave plenty of time for driving round there Thanks for the tip though

Are the shops in scottsdale good/cheap? I love shopping hehe.

We are in yosemite on 22nd/23rd june and san fran on 24th/25th!

Ill have a look at your trip -thank you! x
Old 19 Apr 11, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Andy9137 View Post
Sounds amazing - would love to do this next year but been told by she who must be obeyed we are having a new kitchen instead? Any ideas how to change her mind?
Show her all the pics from the trips and that will soon change her mind!