Notices

Old 14 Aug 11, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Hi Aly

Just popped on - bit jet lagged - but we visited the Cosmo several times, and I wish we had booked to stay here. It was one of our options. I cant comment on the noise issues or housekeeping, as we did not stay, but I loved the funky vibe of the hotel. There were some great dining choices, and it's all about the location, location, location in my opinion. Make sure you take your credit card for all the shops at City Center

I can see why people might not like it; it is quite quirky and I guess that could be a turn off for some people. I loved it though

The trip looks amazing
Old 14 Aug 11, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Hi Aly

Just popped on - bit jet lagged - but we visited the Cosmo several times, and I wish we had booked to stay here. It was one of our options. I cant comment on the noise issues or housekeeping, as we did not stay, but I loved the funky vibe of the hotel. There were some great dining choices, and it's all about the location, location, location in my opinion. Make sure you take your credit card for all the shops at City Center

I can see why people might not like it; it is quite quirky and I guess that could be a turn off for some people. I loved it though

The trip looks amazing
Welcome home Karen, I was wondering when you got back. I can't wait to hear all about your trip

I'm glad you liked the Cosmo, it does sound very cool.

Let me know how you are coping with the Jet Lag

Love Aly x
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
What an amazing trip you have planned Alyson

Starting in style with UC and the LHR clubhouse great price for UC fares to SFO and even better free bee bookings with your ICH status and priority points makes working away worth it! Some awesome upgrades too gotta love those balconies, suites and special views

Looking forward to reading all about it just finished our 3 weeks on West Coast and enjoyed every minute of it!

We stayed at Holiday Inn at the Pier in Santa Monica on points too ... really expensive otherwise Free bike rental there so you should save a few more dollars for your cocktails

Happy 40th to Michael in Monterey and what a great choice of place to celebrate especially which such a special upgrade WOW!

Virgin America were fab too loved the setback ordering system kids loved ordering their drinks on demand lol

Have an amazing super special time

Karen. Xx
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post
What an amazing trip you have planned Alyson

Starting in style with UC and the LHR clubhouse great price for UC fares to SFO and even better free bee bookings with your ICH status and priority points makes working away worth it! Some awesome upgrades too gotta love those balconies, suites and special views

Looking forward to reading all about it just finished our 3 weeks on West Coast and enjoyed every minute of it!

We stayed at Holiday Inn at the Pier in Santa Monica on points too ... really expensive otherwise Free bike rental there so you should save a few more dollars for your cocktails

Happy 40th to Michael in Monterey and what a great choice of place to celebrate especially which such a special upgrade WOW!

Virgin America were fab too loved the setback ordering system kids loved ordering their drinks on demand lol

Have an amazing super special time

Karen. Xx
Thanks Karen,

I really enjoyed reading your updates I'm glad you had a wonderful time, are you going to do a full trip report?

Thanks for the bike tip and also for the Birthday wishes for Michael
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 11, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Really looking forward to this one, love your trippes and this is something different to read about.

Thanks for sharing

xx
Old 15 Aug 11, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Really looking forward to this one, love your trippes and this is something different to read about.

Thanks for sharing

xx
Thank you Gill that's really kind of you to say so
Old 16 Aug 11, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Alyson View Post
Thanks Karen,

I really enjoyed reading your updates I'm glad you had a wonderful time, are you going to do a full trip report?

Thanks for the bike tip and also for the Birthday wishes for Michael
Just arrived at our villa and read through my updates on a proper computer. There are so many typing errors due to predictive text on my ipad that it's a bit embarrassing if a little comical sometimes

I'd love to do a proper trip report as so many reports on here helped me with our plans but realistically I won't have time when we get home as I'll have 6 weeks worth of paper work to catch up on plus mountains of laundry so it'll be Xmas before I'm back on track unfortunately.

So maybe in the New Year... ?
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 11, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post
Just arrived at our villa and read through my updates on a proper computer. There are so many typing errors due to predictive text on my ipad that it's a bit embarrassing if a little comical sometimes

I'd love to do a proper trip report as so many reports on here helped me with our plans but realistically I won't have time when we get home as I'll have 6 weeks worth of paper work to catch up on plus mountains of laundry so it'll be Xmas before I'm back on track unfortunately.

So maybe in the New Year... ?
Wow! I had forgotten how long you were going for, what a wonderfully long holiday, I am looking forward to seeing some photos.

The typos are ace I love the 'Hairless' People Also I make just as many and I don't have an iPad
Old 16 Aug 11, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds like a great itinerey Alyson what alovely way to spend your OH's 40 th birthday.

The countdowns looking good too you'll almost be in single digits.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 11, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Sounds like a great itinerey Alyson what alovely way to spend your OH's 40 th birthday.

The countdowns looking good too you'll almost be in single digits.
Thank you, your countdown will fly by I'm sure. It seems like yesterday that ours was at 80 days!