Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile We ain't in Disney anymore - Berlin 2016

Well with a week to go I thought I may as well get cracking with a pre trippie for our upcoming Berlin city break. Apologies in advance if I waffle a bit

Who's who?
Myself - Michelle turning 30 this year and writer and planner of this trip. Can't say I've been much of a planner though, only now planning our days
Himself - Colin 31 and happy to go with the flow. Generally the driver on our trips so nice that holidays this year won't involve driving.

So this year we decided for holidays we'd be leaving our dearly beloved Disney for a short while and dip our toes in new adventures. Our last trip to Orlando I ended up in a&e with bronchitis and our trip home was a 3 day ordeal (never fun). Aer lingus kindly gave us some flight vouchers as a sorry for taking us so long to get you home. While these weren't going to cover the cost to get us to America for another break we decided to use them on a city break. Himself was responsible for picking Berlin.

Trip details
Flights have been booked with Aer Lingus and we're on the red eye out of Dublin. Don't mind about this as it means we aren't losing a day to travelling going or coming home. Thankfully we live close to the airport so we'll book our taxi for about 4.30 to get us to the airport. Colin has been travelling a bit lately for work and has found security to be a bit hit and miss this early in the morning so better be safe than sorry.
Scheduled arrival is 10.30 into Berlin so we'll head straight to check in to our hotel. We've picked the Hampton by the Hilton beside Berlin zoo for 5nights.

Plan Plan Plan
So our rough plan is looking a bit like this
Day 1 - arrive check in to our hotel and then head to do the Reichstag building. See Brandenburg Gate and maybe the Sowjetisches memorial. We're both BBQ lovers so also going to visit the Weber shop and the ritter sports shop today. Dinner is pencilled in for Hofbräu
Day 2 - Walking tour of Berlin (got to book this) then visit the Holocaust memorial, Checkpoint Charlie and maybe the Jewish museum. Dinner tonight is at a place called Lily Burger
Day 3 - need to finalise details for today but may do the Story of Berlin Museum today. May check out a market in the morning. Going to head to the TV tower this evening for drinks and we'll pick up dinner somewhere around there
Day 4 - today's a Sunday and from talking to those who have visited Berlin most places are closed on a Sunday. Going to head to the Berlin zoo, see the Berlin Wall and also visit a Christmas shop (right beside where we're staying). Dinner is pencilled in for the Hard Rock Cafe
Day 5 - another day to be finalised
Day 6 - check out and head to some of the shops. We've mall of Berlin, kaufhaus des westens and fassbender & rausch on the list. We'll leave our luggage in the hotel while doing this and head to the airport around 6 or so. Flight is at 22:00 back to Dublin.

So that's a rough plan of our trip. Still have to book our trip to the Reichstag building, TV tower and our walking tour. Also got to order a new battery charger for my SLR as I've decided to bring it with us for our trip. Weather has been quite good in Berlin the past couple of weeks so fingers crossed it'll be nice while we're there.
Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll finally do a trippie of one of our holidays.

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List