Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 Jul 19, 04:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Parksters
Proud to wear my Ears

Parksters's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Here now... flat tyre... advice please!

Hi Dibbers

We arrived on Friday and collected our 12 seater hire car from Alamo at Miami airport on Saturday morning at around 9am. Journey started pleasantly enough but about 30 mins into our journey my nephew (the driver) spotted that a warning had come up on the dashboard advising that the passenger front side tyre had a pressure problem.

We were driving up on the US27 and pulled over to check, but the tyre was fine so just assumed it was an incorrect warning on the dashboard. Around 2 hours in... we heard a noise from the car and (by a stroke of luck) pulled over into a truck dealer place. We discovered that the REAR passenger side tyre was flat

I called Alamo and they were useless. It was baking hot sun and young kids onboard so we went inside the truck dealership (who were amazingly helpful) and changed the tyre for the spare underneath for $35. However... the warning sign is still on!

I have contacted Andy from DCFH and he has been really helpful via email so far. We are due to collect a second rental car from Alamo in Kissimmee on Wednesday and would like them to swap the van (we don’t feel safe driving back down to Miami at the end of the holiday)... but Andy has advised that Alamo are saying we will have to drive to Orando airport to swap vans.

Obviously we have our days planned and do not want this inconvenience.

What can we do? And can we claim back the $35 dollars that we are out of pocket?

Advice please...
Parksters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had to do the same and swapping the car is the best plan. My husband had to change the tyre himself. It’s a quick process once you are there.

Hope you get it sorted
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve had this issue and the only option was to drive to the airport to collect as the smaller branches didn’t have our category.
Old 22 Jul 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
A lot of the time the warning light will stay on until the tyre warning is reset. You should be able to do this in the infotainment system under settings and telling it all tyres are correct pressure.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Tyre punctures are only covered if you took out the enhanced breakdown cover, if you don’t have that then that’s probably why Alamo wouldn’t help.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
A lot of the time the warning light will stay on until the tyre warning is reset. You should be able to do this in the infotainment system under settings and telling it all tyres are correct pressure.
I agree with this- most modern cars with pressure sensor do not automatically reset . if you cant find the info Google will be your friend.
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Yes this is what I have to do with mine in the UK if it comes on, even if I add air or change the tyre the warning is still there till I go in to the system and tell it all the pressures are correct so I suspect this is what you have to do - if there is still an issue then the warning will come back on once you set off again.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

It sounds like the tires have been rotated, hence it showing on the wrong axle.
The warning will stay until reset/updated as that tire is still flat... it's just not on the vehicle now.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List