Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Aug 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
roof top bars NYC

can you lovely people recommend me some roof top bars we can visit ?

not going till next June , its our 2nd visit but didn't do nay last time , preferably ones with a happy hour !

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

We are booked into the Refinery Hotel near Bryant Park which has a rooftop bar, looking forward to it!
capecoralfl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We were going to visit 230 fifth roof top bar,but never made it.
I quite fancied the cosy igloos,they have up there,as we went Nov/Dec,so it would have been chilly.
Looks nice,on their website.
Tracy x
Old 12 Aug 18, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jellie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
We were going to visit 230 fifth roof top bar,but never made it.
I quite fancied the cosy igloos,they have up there,as we went Nov/Dec,so it would have been chilly.
Looks nice,on their website.
Tracy x
They have a happy hour between 4 & 7

Daytona Beach 1991, Loma Linda 1992, Westridge 1993, Buenaventura Lakes 1994, Loma Vista 1997, Sandy Ridge 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014,2016,2017
jellie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

The Knickerbocker on Times Square. We stay here every year (2 weeks and counting!) and the rooftop bar is beautiful and right overlooking the Times Square ball. Cocktails are amazing too,
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Went to the 230 on fifth in February and it wasn’t great, sticky carpets. we ended up just having a little walk around and then went elsewhere.
Old 12 Aug 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have stayed at The Refinery twice. The roof top bar is lovely with views of the Empire State Building and the cocktails were fab!
Old 13 Aug 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Mobile

The rooftop bar on the Refinery is good, but I’d go the Top of the Standard, at the Standard Hotel on the High Line.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Went to 230th Fifth for Thanksgiving dinner last year as they had a reasonably priced buffet, and was very disappointed. I was thinking it would be quite fancy and it wasn't. To begin with they would't let us into the building without ID, so two people in our party had to go back to the hotel to get ID, and they hadn't informed me of this on the phone when I called to reserve a table. We were then taken to a tiny circular table for 4 of us which barely had space for all our plates, and we were seated on really low down sofas which had bad dips in them, so you can hardly reach up to get your food. They never came over to clear our tables from the empty plates so we ended up reaching over to a spare table to set them on ourselves. The waitress also sounded like she was drunk and never bothered coming over much, and when she did, she kept forgetting things (e.g, water), and when it came to the end when we wanted to pay she informed us she could only split the bill in 2 and not 4? not too sure why, and it was easy to figure out as it was a set price that only needed to be divided equally 4 ways... Anyway, the food was nice, but I wouldn't go back to eat there again. The bar itself upstairs is quite nice, but it was quite crowded when we went and after taking a few photos it felt like you where just wandering about aimlessly as it was cold outside and the igloos where full. Good for photos though!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

Another vote for The Refinery. Stayed there with my daughter for her 21st birthday and the bar is really good. Nice food too. Watch though as it often closes for private functions. Heard that 230 Fifth wasn’t as good now. Also been to the revolving bar in the Marriott Marquis at Times Square, think it’s called View Lounge and that’s nice for a drink too. Next time I’ll try Knickerbocker and also fancy Bar 65 at the Rainbow Room. Hope you enjoy NYC.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List