Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Florida Tix

Unread 22 Jun 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Package holiday

Im sure this is a stupid question but I cant seem to find a package holiday site for Disneyland to cost flights, hotel, tickets and meal plans such as DLP or WDW.

Im looking to cost a package for next year, any suggestions as to where to start?

Thanks in advance!
xuntitledx is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

You can get a package through Virgin Holidays.

Meal plans arent really a thing at Disneyland as they are at WDW.

I must admit Ive not booked a package to the USA since 2001 but Ive been to California / West Coast many times since then and found it much cheaper and more flexible to book it DIY.

Flights to LA tend to be cheap and offsite hotels within walking distance to DL available at all price points.

Where do you want to visit in addition to Anaheim? How long are you going for? Will you be driving?

We can all chip in to help
Unread 23 Jun 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Im not aware of any meal plans in Disneyland, its not a park that people spend 7/14 nights in so they dont tend to offer any incentives for longer stays. I think Virgin do flight, tickets and hotel but it would probably be cheaper DIY. The onsite hotels are very dear and there are lots of cheap hotels in walking distance. Im not sure if youre just after Disney but if you post your plan we might be able to give you a ballpark figure for flights and hotel so you can gauge if a package is comparable.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR-Hawaii-San Diego
Unread 23 Jun 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks both - thats just it, Im not entirely sure so wanted to price up the Disneyland element and then work out potentially whats else we could do. I was thinking 10 nights next April (Easter break).

If we were in that area then I suppose doing the touristy type things but the main focus would be on Disneyland.

If its similar size to DLP, wed normally do 5 nights, 6 days which would leave us another 5 nights for other things.

Sorry, thats not particularly helpful but its a bit woolly at the moment!
xuntitledx is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
Thanks both - thats just it, Im not entirely sure so wanted to price up the Disneyland element and then work out potentially whats else we could do. I was thinking 10 nights next April (Easter break).

If we were in that area then I suppose doing the touristy type things but the main focus would be on Disneyland.

If its similar size to DLP, wed normally do 5 nights, 6 days which would leave us another 5 nights for other things.

Sorry, thats not particularly helpful but its a bit woolly at the moment!
All my trip ideas start woolly, youre not alone

So I would say avoid, avoid, avoid Disneyland over Easter. Because its primarily a locals park, it will be rammed.

Ill throw a few suggestions out for where else you could go in addition to Disneyland (10 days is a good length trip for two centres Id suggest):

San Diego, easy two hour drive from DL, tons to do there as well as beaches if you want that

San Francisco - you could do 3/4 nights, amazing city (if you like city breaks, I do). Downside is that hotels are very pricy but possibly may be cheap over Easter because no business travellers (pure speculation). Id spend the extra days in Anaheim (because hotels are cheap) and do a day trip or two to see the sights in LA, or you could do Knotts Berry Farm, or a day at the beach.

Las Vegas - loads to do there, not just gambling. Quick flight from SNA (airport nearest to DL), usually cheap. Avoid weekends if possible as hotel prices tend to be high. May possibly not be busy over Easter (I dont know though) as limited conventions / business happening. Speculation again!

I have other ideas but tell us what boxes we are and arent ticking so we can be more targeted.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando and...
Unread 23 Jun 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Apprentice Imagineer

Although I can't answer your question regarding packages I can say I loved California. I did find Disneyland very very crowded though especially in the evening. We went the last week of August. Two adults and two teenagers. We stayed at the courtyard by Marriott theme park entrance hotel. The hotel was lovely; huge very clean rooms I would definitely recommend. Very close walk to the parks and eating establishments. We stayed there for 5 nights and could have easily done it over two nights. Not much to do in Anaheim besides the parks. We spent seven nights in San Diego loved the zoo and seaworld was extremely quiet. For me though San Francisco, Monterey and Santa Barbara were my favourite places. We did book Yosemite but had to cancel due to fires. I found California planning much more complicated than Florida but most hotels have good cancellation policies so it is easy to change your plans. I really enjoyed California for me it beats Florida hands down. We flew into San Francisco and out of Los Angeles. When pricing up hotels it is sometimes worth asking them to price up rooms via live chat we saved a lot of money this way compared to just booking via their website. We also used tesco clubcard vouchers for some hotel bookings. We had 23 nights in California and only scratched the surface. I would suggest you don't try to do too many places. I would love to go back and do Yosemite.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Quebec a cruise and hard rock hotel
Unread 23 Jun 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
Although I can't answer your question regarding packages I can say I loved California. I did find Disneyland very very crowded though especially in the evening. We went the last week of August. Two adults and two teenagers. We stayed at the courtyard by Marriott theme park entrance hotel. The hotel was lovely; huge very clean rooms I would definitely recommend. Very close walk to the parks and eating establishments. We stayed there for 5 nights and could have easily done it over two nights. Not much to do in Anaheim besides the parks. We spent seven nights in San Diego loved the zoo and seaworld was extremely quiet. For me though San Francisco, Monterey and Santa Barbara were my favourite places. We did book Yosemite but had to cancel due to fires. I found California planning much more complicated than Florida but most hotels have good cancellation policies so it is easy to change your plans. I really enjoyed California for me it beats Florida hands down. We flew into San Francisco and out of Los Angeles. When pricing up hotels it is sometimes worth asking them to price up rooms via live chat we saved a lot of money this way compared to just booking via their website. We also used tesco clubcard vouchers for some hotel bookings. We had 23 nights in California and only scratched the surface. I would suggest you don't try to do too many places. I would love to go back and do Yosemite.
When pricing up hotels it is sometimes worth asking them to price up rooms via live chat

Whos them? Do you mean Marriott, Hilton etc or booking sites? Sounds like a good tip.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR-Hawaii-San Diego
Unread 23 Jun 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thanks again, I think thats a really good starter for ten!

Ill start using that info to begin pricing up and see where we get to...