Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 Feb 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

The Big Apple and a Big Ship! - Day 3 Top of the Rock, more Shopping and Kinky Boots

August 2, 2017 - Top of the Rock, more Shopping and Kinky Boots

My alarm was set for 8am as Top of the Rock booked for 9.35, but Harriet didn't want to get up! I went to get Starbucks again which took ages and when Harriet had finally finished her make up we walked to the Rockefeller centre.

We took the lift to the 68th floor this gave a good view but it the weather was quite hazy this morning and very humid. Harriet took lots of photos and we were back at street level for 10 and off to find some breakfast.

Walked down 6th Avenue the Avenue of the Americas until found McD again, Harriet had the biscuit which we would know as a scone and I had pancake and flat sausage !

Walked back to 5th Avenue and shopped en route to Macy's. I bought Converse shoes 50% off at $40 and H tried on Stan Smiths but didn't fit! Harriet bought a Thrasher t-shirt, which she could only get in the USA, and in Macy's I bought a Kipling bag. Heavy rainstorm but didn't get too wet as kept going into the shops.

Got food in Chick Fil A, I like the way there is an option on all meals for grilled or fried chicken, came with waffle fries.

Back to the hotel at about 4pm via Starbucks for a hot chocolate for Harriet, she then chilled whilst I went to look for another Kipling bag and some snacks in the shops near the hotel. I also sat in the sunshine in Central Park and phoned Andy.

After doing some packing and shower we left hotel at 6 to look for Vans (trainers) and souvenirs near Times Square before the theatre.

Kinky Boots at the Al Herschfield theatre at 8 so at 7.25 we started to make our way there however it was really busy as lots of theatres and we struggled to find it, we went the wrong way down 45th street but eventually saw the signs and joined a long queue to get in. Quick stop on the rest rooms which were very fancy, fire place included!

Seats in the orchestra on the ground floor row O in the centre. These were great and the show started, big cheer for Brendan Urie but all cast were fantastic and show was excellent.

Finished at 10.30 and we walked via a '7-11' store for food and back to the hotel and bed.

Starbucks $7
MacDonald’s breakfast $15
Converse $40
Chick Fil A $21

Steps 26,760 or 11 miles.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List