Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Returning after 3 years away... what changes will we notice (prices, iDrive, Universal etc)

Hi!

We are very likely returning to Orlando this year, in September and then again in December/January.

We haven't been since September/October 2016

What changes will we notice? Have the prices at restaurants etc gone up a lot? I see that grocery prices have according to other Dibb users. We usually eat on iDrive.

We don't do Disney but do go to Universal and Seaworld - are there any major changes in the parks to be aware of?

Thanks in advance!
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Car parking prices have gone up a fair wee bit and u will notice the food in general has taken a hit too
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

We are in the same except it’s 6 years. I’m sure it used to be 15 dollars to park before and think it’s 25 dollars now which is very unfortunate
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Ok, so we're definitely going back! 109 days to go!

We don't tend to hire a car as find Uber works out cheaper for us.
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Price in the restaurants have gone up, you will notice that even with the dollar being at only $1.25 or there abouts to the £. You can still eat reasonably well, lots of happy hours available. universal is expensive, best advice is to buy a refillable mug. Ride wise a lot of the attractions are 3D effects. You can do Universal including Volcano Bay in 3 days I recommend doing a night visit as it is a different atmosphere especially around the Harry Potter areas. Be aware that even the Outlets are charging for parking in certain areas.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

I think the manor changes you'll see in the parks are:

Harry Potter (both IOA and Universal) - new Hagrid ride has replaced dragon challenge/dueling dragons. I cant remember what year Diagon Alley opened so that may be brand new for you too

Kong in IOA - didnt replace anything but is in between Ripsaw Falls and Jurrassic park

Jimmy Fallon has replaced Twister

Fast and Furious has replaced Beetlejuices graveyard review

I've bot noticed massive price changes in CityWalk but there are new restaurants.

I don't go to I-drive to eat so cant comment x
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
I think the manor changes you'll see in the parks are:

Harry Potter (both IOA and Universal) - new Hagrid ride has replaced dragon challenge/dueling dragons. I cant remember what year Diagon Alley opened so that may be brand new for you too

Kong in IOA - didnt replace anything but is in between Ripsaw Falls and Jurrassic park

Jimmy Fallon has replaced Twister

Fast and Furious has replaced Beetlejuices graveyard review

I've bot noticed massive price changes in CityWalk but there are new restaurants.

I don't go to I-drive to eat so cant comment x
Thank you!

Love Diagon Alley - it's my favourite!

Kong had just opened last time we were there, and we rode Twister just before it closed!
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

The last time we went was August 2016 so finding this thread interesting to read! I loved Duelling Dragons back in the day and rode it a few times in 2016 as Dragon Challenge. So I’m a little disappointed it’s not going to be there. I hope the new coaster is good! Jimmy Fallon and Fast and Furious ride will be new to us too.

And of course.. Volcano bay! I’d forgotten about that! It was still half a volcano in 2016!😬

We are doing Disney and I’m really looking forward to seeing Pandora, Toy Story Land and of course Galaxy’s Edge!

Price of parking is just wow! It really eats into your spends.
I’m praying for an end to the Brexit saga in the hope the dollar rate rises. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

There a lots of rides that are new since 2013 for us, they also didn’t have magic bands which I need to get my head around. The dollar rate is now a lot lower
There are now 6 adults whereas before they were only just in their teens, so I am wondering how much money is needed for 18 nights
We are staying in a villa most of it.
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We re tge same last visit 2013. Not been to USF since 2010.
We re now 2 adults with 3 stay at home adults now lol...
And yeah dollar rate is v different bit so is our budget so cheap and cheerful off site visit
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List