Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Thanks everyone. We want to try Street food and the markets.

I'm nervous about the kids in Bangkok as we've never took them on a city break before. Is it as busy as I'm imaging? My daughter is likely to be scared of losing us and my DS will have his nose in his phone.

Thanks for specific recommendations for Khao Lak. Will check them out.
We didn't find any issues in Bangkok - just take the usual precations.
Beware of people on the street saying they they can get you special access to the temples etc - scammers.
If you do one trip get one that does the train market and the floating market (train market is on the way). What a fantastic experience!

I did a trippie somewhere!

We didnt like street food - we found it just fried rubbish but then we don't have much luck with food outlets - we always pick somewhere after looking for an hour , then find somewhere twice as nice around the corner

We did the night market - Sukhamvit I think - but I think the bigger ones would be better.

We also went down to Asiatique - great food and for wandering around.

Take the worker boat up the river - only 30p each!

We loved it and Thailand is definitely somewhere we want to go back to!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella_11
Excited about Disney

Do you mind my asking who you have booked with? Or are you going DIY? I am in the very early stages of looking at Thailand.
Stella_11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We always book d.i.y for our trips.
It usually works out a lot cheaper,as you have access to a lot more hotels,within all the various price ranges,than you do out of a brochure.
I would never pay more than £400-£500 for the flight,but that can obviously be more,if you plan to move about to different destinations,but for a single destination £500 would be the absolute top I would pay.
Tracy x
Old 21 Jul 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
Mobile

Bangkok is very busy, your kids will be fine just be aware of them. Also just be aware when crossing the road, sometimes even on a green man mopeds will still go. They’ll drive around you but just be confident and walk across.

I will have to disagree with those saying they didn’t enjoy street food, we had such fresh and amazing street food. If you go on the street food tour I recommended in your previous thread it’s a really good place to start

Oh and I’d always say to the other poster book DIY for Thailand. You’ll get it so much cheaper!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stella_11 View Post
Do you mind my asking who you have booked with? Or are you going DIY? I am in the very early stages of looking at Thailand.
We booked a package with VH. The flights are with Emirates. I did consider DIY as always compare.

I priced the flights direct with Emirates and through Skyscanner and the hotel separately on Trip Advisor to find best price and the package was only about £600 more but included flights from Bangkok to Phuket, transfers to/ from Bangkok and then to/from Phuket and 3 nights in Bangkok hotel B&B.

Plus I could then pay a deposit rather than all the flights in one go which was better for me. I'm sure someone more experienced would find it cheaper but I'm ok with it and not looking again.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stella_11 View Post
We went at the end of April 2017 for 16 nights.
Bangkok, Chiang mai and kho lak.
2x5* hotels and 1x4*, plus 2 trips out in Bangkok, private transfers and internal flights .

Flights with Thai airways.

We booked with flight centre who's base is in the far East - £3000 for the 2 of us.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List