Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 Mar 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
Apprentice Imagineer

Eurostar Strikes

independent/travel...-a8265876.html

I have read of some French workers striking causing cancellations to Eurostar. We are going to Disney within the time frame they have mentioned. Anyone know if this is likely to cause cancelations to the Disney service or is it just to Paris?

In the event of a cancellation, where would I stand with travel insurance and actually getting to Disney?
Clairelovestate is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
geoffa
Imagineer

geoffa's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 8
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Amazing how the French "faire la grŤve" (go on strike) at the drop of a hat - look at the chaos they cause in the port of Calais when it happens there.
It would seem the reason for these strikes are that the unions are opposed to the labour reforms being implemented by President Macronís government. Transport workers in France currently have generous guarantees on employment protection, pay rises and retirement. They plan to strike for two days, work for 3, then strike for two days, work for 3 and so on.

Edited at 04:35 PM.
geoffa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We go soon but on the indirect train. I did notice they were cancelling some direct Eurostar trains. I really donít know what will happen. Iím crossing my fingers strike is called off if not and my train is cancelled Iím going to ask to go to Paris and get transfers or metro to Disneyland.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Helping Minnie

The direct train seemed OK last week. Indirect not so much.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
The direct train seemed OK last week. Indirect not so much.
Does the Disneyland train a direct one? Iím hoping that one wonít be affected. 🙏🏻
Clairelovestate is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Does the Disneyland train a direct one? Iím hoping that one wonít be affected. 🙏🏻
Yeah, I had no problems last Friday.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just realised my message before makes no sense! 😂

Glad you had no problems.
Old 27 Mar 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

There are direct trains to DLP but only one a day, and they donít run every day.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ND31
A Guest at All-Stars

Although the trains to DLP only run a few times a week there are numerous Eurostars each day to Paris. Someone I know switched from the indirect train to the Paris one on the strike day and got the RER to DLP from there. It's only the TGV from Lille to Paris that is affected as it's SNCF who are striking, not Eurostar.
ND31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of Eurostarís cancelled next week on the 3rd and 4th. We go on the 9th but the train we would be on on the 3rd and 4th has been cancelled. Eurostar said they should know in the next few days whatís going to happen for my dates.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List