Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 18, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile DLP when pregnant?

We’re not going until next May, and we’ve made no decisions as yet but let’s just say this scenario isn’t impossible

Is there still lots I can do?
I’m surprised to see that Pirates, Pinochhio, Peter Pan and Snow White are not listed as suitable? Any idea why?

I don’t mind missing the obviously big rides but would be gutted to miss out on the Fantasyland ride with my DS on his first trip to Disney. (Unfortunately putting ttc off until after the trip wouldn’t be an option due to my age)
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kking
I want to go now!

My wife was 5 months pregnant on a large family group trip once (14 of us); she got a pass from city hall to jump the queue on the rides she could do.
We still had a good time; took things a bit slower and enjoyed the ‘non-ride’ experiences.

Re: Peter Pan/ Pirates etc. I think pirates is due to the drops, Peter Pan due to the evacuation process (and bar) and the others maybe due to the drop down bar.

She just said to me: “it was fine because I had been before and knew I would go again; the big group meant someone was normally not riding so I could wait outside with them/ go find a cafe/ or shop. It wasn’t the full Disney experience but as it wasn’t my only trip it was OK”.

Hope that helps.
kking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

How pregnant would you be? A lot of the restrictions are due to lap bars. Any sudden jolts could force the bar into your bump. And we all know that Disney’s rides aren’t necessarily the smoothest... (Peter Pan I’m looking at you).

I went when I was about eight weeks, and it was January, so under a winter coat my tiny bump was completely invisible.

I didn’t do any big rides, and to be honest I really missed them. We got a pass but never actually used it. The only thing I would have used it for would be for the quieter area during fireworks etc, but that wasn’t allowed, so we sadly skipped them as there were just too many people jostling and smoking.

For the smaller rides with lap bars I put my bag and scarf on my lap to act as a buffer. Until 12 weeks the baby is tucked under your pelvis anyway so I felt comfortable doing those rides.

I also took a nap every afternoon 😂
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

I know this scenario well!

I bought an annual pass at the end of October 2016 and let's just say Disney worked its magic We'd already booked New Year's Eve for two nights and Easter for 25th Anniversary celebrations. New Year's Eve was the worst - I was 9 weeks pregnant and it wasn't the rides but the sickness that made the trip miserable. Easter was easier. We got the pregnancy pass thing and took things easier. Not going on the big rides actually can be quite nice. I saw things and did things I'd not done before because I was usually spending hours in line for the mountains.

Then the nice part happens - our last visit with the annual pass was October 2017 was our first with our new mousketeer (although technically it was her 4th visit )
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List