Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Orlando Attractions
Unread 4 Jun 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Taz123
Gone all Goofy

Mobile New Hollywood Studios FPP tier levels

Not sure if this has already been reported but it looks like the HS tiers for FPP is changing when galaxys edge opens.

It looks like all rides except star Tours and the new Star Wars ride will be tier 1, Star Wars ride non FPP, and Star Tours and shows a tier 2. I really hope this is temporary. I cant see it working.

Short Story: On August 29, Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster will be added to Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers as Tier 1 Fastpass+ selections. Star Tours stays a Tier 2. Smuggler's Run still set to open as a non-FP ride. I am unaware of any other changes to the tiers.

Source: I'm staying club level for SWGE's opening, and I decided to do the paid FP selections. When you do that, you actually get to make 6 FP selections 90 days from your departure date, so I was able to do that on Saturday. You pick 3 to be the "paid" FP, which you cannot modify or cancel without calling/emailing Disney Signature Services; and you get to make 3 "regular" FP, which you can modify/cancel just like any other FP selection. When I checked my app, I noticed that my selections did not quite match what I had asked for. When I emailed with my question, I was told that on August 29, the MGM tiers were changing, and that the new Tier 1 will be TSM, SDD, A.S.S., ToT, and RnR.

I am not an insider, I am just relaying information I was told in an effort to help folks out who are starting to look at FP planning for late August. Assuming this is accurate, I would think it would be announced in the next couple of weeks, because people will be able to start making 60+14 selections for August 29 around June 16.

Thoughts: As a person who prefers rides to shows, I think it is absurd, and it makes the EPCOT tiers look almost reasonable. There will be 7 rides at MGM starting 8.29: 5 will be Tier 1, 1 will be Tier 2, and 1 will have no FP.

The best reason I can come up with is that this is their effort to control crowds. I am guessing that most ride-riders try to get SDD, ToT and RnR. With SDD being one of the most difficult FP to secure, and assuming people will still try to get that first, the new tiers will force more folks to go standby for ToT and RnR, which will increase those wait times, which will keep more people occupied in those longer lines. A "positive" could be that it becomes easier to get SDD FP, as some folks will prefer ToT or RnR.

At the end of the day, while you may think the paid FP are ridiculous, extravagant and/or bougie (and I won't argue any of those descriptions), for me, for this trip, it was absolutely the right decision.
Thanks to wdwmagic for the info

Edited at 10:58 AM.
Taz123 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW visit #9 - first time at BC
Unread 4 Jun 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I can see the logic as it may spread crowds a bit. We tend to struggle with a second tier 2 FP as I dont like RRC and my sister doesnt like ToT so this wont affect us much. Annoying for others though.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time QSDP at CSR!
Unread 4 Jun 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I wonder whether this is tied to the story circulating a couple of months ago about Disney introducing more paid FPs?

Could (and I emphasies it's just a "could") be that they will offer more Tier 1 FPs for paying customers? Running HS as a trial?

Of course, all speculation and I'm probably putting 2&2 together and getting 7.
Unread 4 Jun 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

So pretty much all rides are Tier 1?

That sounds like madness to me. Would have to make multiple visits to be sure to get on all rides.
neilhd is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not even booked yet... FL 2020
Unread 4 Jun 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
So pretty much all rides are Tier 1?

That sounds like madness to me. Would have to make multiple visits to be sure to get on all rides.
I can see how it would reduce crowds, as it kind of makes it pointless even going to HS. However as a paying guest, I feel very aggrieved by it.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 4 Jun 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have just told DH and he said it is the last straw and we not going.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 4 Jun 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

Like others can see what theyre trying to do, but as someone who only has a 1 day ticket to HS, there is no way we are going to get to ride everything. Between us we love the rides as HS. Were obsite for 5 night so can try for 60 days but I dont fancy our chances much. Could quite easily give HS a miss in all honesty, with crowd levels, plus this, I dont think I can be bothered and can use that ticket to visit somewhere else!

Edited at 09:09 AM.
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
No Florida this year, yeah right!
Unread 4 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Ill believe it when its confirmed
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
nearly DD :)
US Rent A Car